Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

~~~HOW FAR ALONG DO YOU~~~ Lock Rss

STOP LAYING ON YOUR BACK?

I KNOW THAT AT SOME POINT IN YOUR PREGNANCY YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO LAY ON YOUR BACK AS IT CAN CUT OFF THE OXYGEN TO THE BABY BUT IM UN SURE AS TO WHEN THAT START... CAN ANY ONE LET ME KNOW?

THANK

ASH

img

I thought you weren't spose to lie on your back in the third trimester because the pressure of the baby on your spinal chord can cause problems for you. Hadn't heard about it affecting the babies breathing.

Really?? You are not supposed to sleep on your back? How the frigg are pregnant women supposed to sleep? LOL. Well I am 36 weeks pregnant and still lay on my back, so good question LOL

You're not supposed to lie on your back for too long after about the 4th month as it can put too much pressure on your back and also partly block the veins that carry blood down to your legs. This is also supposed to happen when lying on your right side. They say that on your left side is best but no pregnant women that i've known have actually paid much attention to it. By the time you get that far along you sleep however you can get comfortable, whether its on your back or whatever. I havent heard anywhere that how you sleep can affect baby's oxygen supply.

lol sad i slept on my back ALL last night thanks to my 1 year old bothering me every 20 mins last night (long bad night story lol) and i feel like crap this morning. LIke somene else said, sleep how your comfy cause some people actually like it on there back / right side etc.. and if we werent allowed to sleep on right side and back that leaves only the left side LOL we would all be numb by morning hehe

hi again, i know when i had DD in 07 that when i went for a check up at 36 weeks they had the heart rate thing on me and the babys heart rate dropped alot because i was onmy back so i was told to roll onto my side then bubs was fine....

i just dont know how early this can happen.... im only 10 weeks now but if i lay on my back i get really bad pains like the baby isnt happy...

thanks

ASH

img

Yeah if your getting bad pains when you lie on your back id say change positions.

I find it really un cumfy to lie on my back to. I find it makes it harder for me to breathe and bub pushes into my bladder! Im a side sleeper. Sometimes I wake up and im almost on my tummy (As far as I can be with the big bump I have)

Just do what you find works best for you. When you get further into your pregnancy you will need as much sleep as you can get so make sure you're cumfy grin

I asked my OB about this whilst I was pregnant as I was a back sleeper. She assured me that I could lay on my back for as long as I felt comfortable... which ended up being right to the end. She said that sometimes the weight of the baby etc can put pressure on a certain artery that blocks blood flow to parts of your body adn can make you feel light headed/faint but as long as that doesn't happen there's no worries. She said even if it does happen occasionally just to roll onto your left side until the feeling passes.
But I never heard of it effecting the baby at all...
Anyway, as long as you feel comfortable, I would go for it

Sign in to follow this topic