Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Why Am I Not Sleeping...? Rss

Hello All,

With 15 days to go now till my EDD with my second baby I am suffering terrible sleeplessness. I am tired, but find that most nights I am hardly getting a restful sleep... I am so concerned that by the time I go into to labour I am going to be too exhausted to push bub out...

Has anyone else experienced this...?

Any good tips to induce a restful sleep...?

Thanks in advance for all replies smile

Michelle
Hi Michelle,

I really feel for you.

During my second pregnancy I was really uncomfortable & had extremely bad heartburn, but I could always manage to sleep!!!! I ended up one week overdue & by that stage I ready to scream!(And I certainly did that!!!lol)

I guess your feeling pretty ordinary at the moment. Have you tried any sort of herbal teas or anything like that?? Obviously I am no expert & i'm sorry I don't have any answers for you, but I thought I would post to you anyway.

I hope you start to feel better soon & get some well needed sleep. I'm sure your mind is racing at the moment, so try to stop thinking about too many things & try to relax, easier said than done though!

Take care.

Michelle

Michelle - Mum to 2

I had the worst time sleeping with my last pregnancy - Connor is 3 months old - for about the last month or so. I am sure it is your body's way of preparing you for the sleepless nights yet to come! I found the worst thing to do was to lie there and toss and turn (keeping my husband awake) so I would get up and do the housework or have a long bath. This was sometimes enough to get me tired enough to go back to bed. Some nights I would watch TV - Thank the Lord for Foxtel- and fall asleep on the lounge watching Dr Phil at 1:30 in the morning. Try to nap in the day if you can, and not dwell on it too much - worrying just keeps you up at night!! Even resting is better than nothing. Put a video on for the older ones and put your feet up on the sofa for an hour or so. The chamomile tea idea sounds like a good one too. I found that a 10 - 15 minute power nap every now and then was enough to keep me going. All the best.. you must be getting excited.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Sign in to follow this topic