Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

staying in hostpital Rss

hey well i am just wondering how long everyone stayed in hostpital with there second child? with my first i stayed in for 4 nights.
3 nights (4 days), not including the night I was in labour. Didn't have much of a choice due to blood loss, normally would have been 2 nights (3 days).
First child was 5 days as a C-section. This time was vaginal birth, but with tearing.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Hiya,

How quick am I? smile

I HATE hospital, and you couldn't get me out quick enough. First time i was out in 4 hrs, i would have gone earlier but had to wait 4 hrs because of the epi. 2nd time round the birth was at 10.00pm at night and there was no one on duty to checkout my son. I left by 10.00am the next day after his check from a paed and his hearing test!

Everyone is different, some people need the rest and one on one time with their newborns!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

but not as quick as Rachel... wink

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

i stayed 7 days as had c sections but with the last one was in 12 days due to complications

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi Nat,

My first I was in 5 days & my second I was in for 4 days.

Cheers.

Michelle - Mum to 2

Hi Nat,

I stayed in two nights. I just wanted to be in my own bed and I nor bub had any complications or issues so I saw no reason to stay in any longer than I needed. Mind you during those two days I milked the midwives for every bit of advice and info I could get so I felt well prepared when the time to go home came.

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

At the hospital I'm booked at the minmum is 4 days as they monitor you around the 3rd and 4th day for the baby blues and check for post natal depression. As much as I hate staying overnight (I had an overnighter and pethediene at 33weeks as contractions started) I know that it's better to be sure as I'm in a high risk group for PND. I'm not very excited about the menu though LOL

QLD, due 20 Aug. 2004

Sign in to follow this topic