Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. 2nd pregnancy completely different from the 1st

2nd pregnancy completely different from the 1st Rss

Hi Everyone

I was just wanting to hear from other mums who have had two pregnancies.

I am currently pregnant with my second child and am having a completely different experience this time around. With my first pregnancy I had what I thought was pretty bad all day sickness (could not get out of bed without eating first) from 6 to 10 weeks and had to take tablets. I also felt achy and felt twinges and stretching pains in my stomach and thighs also.

This time around I felt sick from not long after conception to half way through last week and it hasn't been anywhere near as bad as before, I haven't thrown up once or needed tablets and have most often been able to function normally. I don't even need to eat before getting up in the morning. I also have only slight stretchy pains but nothing compared to my first pregnancy.

I am surprised because my doctor told me that the first pregnancy is usually an indication of what you will be like in subsequent pregnancies.

Any mums out there got their experiences in relation to the above that they would like to share? I feel so good this time round it is hard to believe I am actually pregnant!

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

i lady i used to know had 5 pregnancies and she said each one she felt better than the last. she thought her body was building up an immunity to being pregnant. by her 5th time she hardly felt sick at all but her 1st time she was in hospital from not being able to keep anything down

i guess it depends on the person. also my sister was really sick with her son but her daughter she was fine.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

hi well i am currently 20 weeks pregnant with no 2 and this pregnancy has been the completely different to my first with my 1st i had really bad morning sickness this time round i had one bad bout of sickness and that was it with my first i couldnt stand coffee or vegemite and this time round crave them both this time i have had sore boobs and they have even grown with my 1st i had none of that this time i am showing all out in front where is with my first blew out everywhere thats just a few of things different this time from last time i wouldnt be to concerned about it all i think every pregnancy is different. how far pregnant r u? how olds your 1st child?anyway takecare and hope all goes well with you and baby seeya nat.
Hi Nat and other mums

In response to your question, I am only 8 weeks pregnant and my daughter is 9 1/2 months old.

I went to the doctor yesterday to get some blood test results and she has asked me to have another test to measure my HCG levels and then another the week after that just to be sure that everything is OK. The doctor is a little concerned about my sickness easing off so early.

I don't feel within myself that I need to worry at this stage cos I still have other pregnancy symptoms and still feel a bit off. I was breastfeeding up until the beginning of last week which is when the morning sickness eased off.

Thanks for your replies
Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Hi

My two pregnancies were completly different, and I thought the reason behind that was due to having a girl second time round and I was right. With my first I had no morning sickness whatsoever, with No 2, I had really bad sickness, in the first few weeks and towards the end. I couldn't eat much at all. In my 1st i had carpal tunnel and could not sleep at all, and this one I had nothign of the sort. So as you can see every pregnancy is very different. At my 16 week appt with No 2 we were nearly certain we were having another boy, but deep inside I felt I was having a girl cause the pregnancy was so different to the first, and I was right.

Goodluck with your pregnancy
Heather
Sign in to follow this topic