Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Indigestion and vomiting Lock Rss

Anyone vomiting from their indigestion?

I began suffering from this a few weeks ago, and my doc gave me a prescription for Ranitidine (which I'm pretty sure is just Zantac). It has helped alot with the indigestion, most days I don't suffer from it. But for the past couple of days, I've started feeling sick again, and spent last night vomiting from it again. All I'm throwing up is stomach acid, and it burns and leaves an awful taste in my mouth and throat, which I can't shake. I can't take anything stronger because nothing else is proven to be safe during pregnancy. I spent last night sleeping upright on the couch, because as soon as I lie down, I feel nauseated again.

Any other sufferers?

Hi
I am 34 weeks pregnant and also suffer from indigestion. I was vomiting everyday, my ob prescribed Zantac (Rani 2),which is a cheap brand, I take 2 tablets a day, if I miss one it comes back, it has really worked for me. I really hope this helps. What is you due date?
Kylie
Hey,
I've been taking 2 a day, in the beginning it took a bit to kick in and work, and usually if I keep on top of it, I don't have a problem with the indigestion, nausea and vomiting until now.
I have an appointment this week, so I'll mention it again. Just can't wait for the instant relief from it all after bub is born.

I'm due on the 18th May, but going in for a caesarean on the 12th. What's your due date?

My ob is inducing me around the 5th of May, 2weeks early. It's been a horrible pregnancy. I can't wait to meet my baby.
Kylie
I so hear you! I had it really really badly with my last pregnancy and again with this one. Mine makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack every night. Fun.
I'm taking Omeprazole which is the next step up from Ranitidine. I took it last time after the Ranitidine stopped being effective. It's the only thing that gets rid of mine.
Ask your Dr about it, my ob said it's safe.

Hi there,
I got indigestions/heartburn/reflux/whatever you want to call it really badly with my son, couldn't eat more than a few mouthfuls of food without bringing it up. It was very bad at the end of the pg. I took liquid Gaviscon which helped a little bit.

I have it already with pg #2. NOOO! Just need to stay away from the spicy fatty and acidic foods.

Hope you get better.

Posted by: Callums_Mummy
Just need to stay away from the spicy fatty and acidic foods.

Hope you get better.

in other words, just stay away from anything good!! Lol.

Mine has eased a little overnight, thank goodness.

Sign in to follow this topic