Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

When to stop working Lock Rss

Hi everyone

I am interested to know when others will stop working in their pregnancy. I am 35 weeks now and still working full time (about 50 hours per week). I am finding it increasingly difficult but I am not sure when I will stop as I have my own business....

Thanks
Hi Amaya

I stopped at 35 weeks, which is now 2 & 1/2 weeks ago and I didn't realise how much it was taking out of me until I stopped. I have been so tired doing nothing that it made me realise just how much energy it was taking to keep going to work. I only worked 30 hours a week so I can only imagine how hard it would be to be working 50 hours!! My advice would be to stop now and rest, you just keep going on auto pilot and it won't be until you stop that you realise how much you need the rest. I guess with it being your own business it's harder to find that cut off point but try to do it soon.

Take care

wow i can't believe u are still working !!

why don't u stop now and have time to relax and chill out b4 buby arrives.
i was working til i was about 7months pregnant and then i just couldn't do it anymore....working in child care full time as the qualified and taking work home with me.. looking after kids, lifting and changing nappies etc etc....long days and on my feet all days were killing my head.

i was glad i stopped n took maternity leave to have that little time to relax b4 the bub arrived, i caught up with the girls for lunches...mmmm food haha, and watched telly etc...sumfn u don't get much time to do once bub arrives. g'dluk wif everything.

Danni, WA,

Sign in to follow this topic