Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Different due dates Lock Rss

Hi everyone,
This is proberly silly but we Just wanted to know other mum's opinion on different due dates, when I first got pregnant we worked out my due date, 23rd August then when I saw my GP, he agreed. But at 13 weeks I had my first hospital visit, they did an ultrasound and told me my due date was Sept 1st.

I just wanted to know about everyone else's experiences and when we really should expect our baby. I know that we can't predict the exact day but it would be nice to hear your stories anyway.
Thanks mummy's.
Mandy

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

Hi Mandy,

Well my due dates go like this. First baby was due 16 March, at first scan they changed her to 11 March, second scan back to 16 March. She arrived 23 Feb. I wasn't sure of my dates with her, so I can't tell you when I thought she was due.

Second baby was due 23 March, her first scan was pretty much spot on with due date. second scan they moved due date to 20 March. She arrived 11 March. I was sure with my dates with this baby and so I guess she just arrived early.

My third I know is due on the 2 March 2005, and so far I haven't had a proper scan done, but the Dr has done two scans and he has come up with 2 March both times.

I guess the hospital and ultrasound places tend to go on the lengths etc of the baby, but that doesn't mean anything because you could be tall people and your baby be longer than my children, but your baby could still be born on its original due due.

If you are really sure of your dates, just stick to that due date. They also allow that two week period because most people don't know exactly when they conceived their baby.

Good luck with your pregnancy/baby.
Danielle

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

Thanks for your insight Danielle

This is my second baby and my daughter was small for dates at every scan and so far so has this one, so I dont know what going on and as you can see I only have 6days till my due date,still no sign of bubs. I guess I just have to stop my planning ways and sit back, relax and wait. Thanks
Mandy.

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

According to my period dates bubs was due 28 Feb, but the scand said anywhere between 3-6 March. I went into labour on 26 Feb and she was born 9lb1 on the 28 Feb. Acording to my official records she was born at 38 weeks, but I reckon my dates were right and she was full term.

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Hiya,

The midwives at my hospital add on 3 days to the ultrasound date, to help prevent inductions.

Everyone ovulates at different times, so actual due dates can only be picked up be ultrasound.

Don't forget also, that anywhere btween 38 and 42 weeks is normal to give birth, and only 3% of babies are born on their due dates.

Best of luck to all of you,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

When i was pregnant with Emily i was very confused by my due dates! i worked out that she was to be born on the 16th september, my doctor said she was going to be born on the 22nd september and my midwife told me the 29th sept!! in the end i really didnt know when to expect her arrival!! she ended up coming on the 8th september, they said she was 3weeks early, but i dont think she was that much!!!
I was due on the 10th of jan by my period dates but my ultrasound said 17th and so we went by that, i ended up having neena on 20th and the ob said she was 40 weeks,
apparently, according to my ob, the earleir the ultrasound the more accurate the due date as the foetus changes so much in the first 3 months and they can be sure about its age by its development, later on they go by size and we all know that babies are all different sizes!

Sarah,VIC 18mth daughter

By my period dates we worked out I was due on the 1st July but my ultrasound showed the 7 July. Ryan was born on the 11th but he looked quite overcooked with no vernix on his skin, really wrinkly hands and feet, long nails and hair and their was an old poo in my waters. I still believe his due date was closer to the 1st than the 7th and that he was nearly 2 weeks overdue but I guess we'll never really know.

All the best and I will be interested to see who is closest to being right with their estimated due dates (you or the ultrasound).

Jo

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

A woman ovulates approximatley 14 days after her period.
thus a pregnancy is about 266 days (38 weeks) from conception to birth. or 40 weeks from your LMP.
85% of babies born from normal pregnancies are delivered within a week before or after the EDD. so a pregnancy can last 38 - 42 weeks and considered normal.
an example:
LMP 17.09.98
+ 9 Months 17.06.99
+ 7 days 24.06.99
Thanks Jennie,
As you can see I'm still going haven't had bubs yet, my LMP was 17/11/03, so that makes my due date 24/8/04, fingers crossed I have better luck today, and this baby wants out.
Mandy.

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

Hi Mandy,

just wanted to wish you all the best for the birth.

My babies have all come at 39 weeks and that feels long enough.

Good luck and look forward to seeing your birth anouncement.
Barb
Hi Mandy,

I just wanted to drop in again to say goodluck over the next few weeks. I'm now sending you some (((labor))) vibes to help you along, i hope! Can't wait to hear more news.

I also had my bubs early, 14 days, both of them. I was tearing my hair out then, so i hate to think of how you feel!

Take care,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Sign in to follow this topic