Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Drving myself mad!!! Lock Rss

Tomorrow i will be 39 weeks pregnant. and i am driving myself mad at home. Im fining it really hard to foind things to fill up my days and take my mind off counting down the days/hours.

I can only have so many showers, sleep so many hours and cook so many meals before i go mad.... i just keep telling myself things like.. he will be born by the end of this month... or he will be born by the time my credit on my phone expires (which seems to go quickly). if he decideds to be overdue (please god no) i will be going to get induced withing about 4 days.

anybody have any ideas on how to makes these days go faster??

Harley's Mum - April 2006

Hi Equinny,

Just an idea - book in to get your hair or nails done, or a pedicure or something along those lines. It will give you something to look forward to and also relax you while you're there! Try and book it for the middle of the day, so you're not sitting around at home waiting to go.

Or, get a really good book that you "can't put down", I've found that when I'm reading a good book the time just flies.

You can also organise to go out to lunch with friends you haven't seen in a while. Something to organise and look forward to.

Hope I've helped a bit!

Good luck,

Tracey
I felt the exact same, and we lived out of town on a property, and I wasn't comfortable enough to drive myself to town to fight the boredom. I ended up buying a game for my hubby's Xbox and played it day in day out until I was induced. my midwife was so pleased that I took it easy and relaxed, but even if I wanted to I wouldn't have been able to get myself up and do anything anyway. Sometimes I even went to work with my hubby. I would sit on the tractor with him for hours at a time hoping that the rough driving would put me in labour. So my advise it be lazy and buy a video game!! I wouldn't usually play them, but it was the best thing for me!!!!!

Hi Equinny

Join the club!!! I'm in exactly the same position, and am finding it really hard. Usually I am such an active person but I am so tired at the moment I just sit there all day thinking of all the things I want to do but don't have the energy to get up and do them, it's so frustrating. My hubby helped me do the cleaning yesterday as I had sat there all last week thinking about doing it but knew I physically couldn't do it all on my own, so thismorning I'm sitting here thinking now what am I going to do today? I have a scarf to finish off knitting which might take me an hour but that's about it!!!!

People keep telling me I should be resting and conserving all my energy for the birth but it's hard to adjust when your brain won't slow down at the same rate your body does at this stage.

Sorry, I haven't got any suggestions, I guess like me your bags are packed and have been re-packed a few times, meals cooked, lists left for hubby to contact etc.

Anyway, good luck and here's hoping our little ones appear on time!!!!

Take care
kim i do not think you are mad at all. i was the same. part of me wanted him to come as soon as i hit about 34 weeks and the other part wanted him to wait until he was full term just to make sure he was healthy. i can say once we hit the 37 week mark and it was safe to have him i was spending every waking moment wondering if every little twinge was it, and was sorely dissapointed when it turned out they weren't

robert 15 feb 06 qld

Sign in to follow this topic