Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Finding Out? Lock Rss

I am stuck as to whether to find out my baby's sex or not.

I never found out with my last 2 but am thinking of finding out this time.

Just wondering...does it take anything away from the birth experience? Like I feel there won't be any surprise at the end but is this really true?

I would like to find out so I know whether to get the boys clothes out or the girls and all that, plus I am so impatient!!

Thanks

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hey mum 78

I have just had my first child and at the 18 week scan my partner and I couldnt decided whether to find out the sex of our baby or not. We decided we would come to the decision when we got there. Our little bundle of joy however decided that he would make the decision for us and spread his legs for all the world to see. We do not regret knowing the sex of our baby and found it to be of great help. Next time round we will find out again. The decision is yours, but i dont think it takes the surprise away.

Karina, S.A, mum to Kaleb born 25/07/04

me personally i wouldnt find out the sex until it was born as we got told we were having a boy and our DAUGHTER was born...
same with friends of ours got told they were having a girl and HE wasnt a girl. and they were 100% sure no doubts. everyone i know who got told they were totally wrong. i mean you can guess better yourselves its a 50-50 guess anyway...

an amneo is correct so unless you happen to have one of these...

i'd take what they tell you as a grain of salt... and not go paint the room BLUE or PINK i'd buy unisex clothes (yellow and lime and white) and if ya have to paint a nursery i'd go with purple or a unisex colour and wait and see.. and if the guess was right... well and good. and if it wasnt your not high and dry and having to spend another few $$$$$ to change everything...

but thats my opinion...

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

HI,
We didn't find out with our first, but this time we have, but we have not told anyone, so we will still have the suprising news for everyone but we know and we have been able to prepare for bubs alot more.

I personally don't regret finding out at all and it has been fun talking about the sex of bubs with my partner, then trying not to give it away to others.

As for the birth experience I wouldn't know because this stubbon baby hasn't come out yet!!
Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
Mandy.

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

Hi,

I don't think finding out the sex changed the birth experience for me at all. I have tried it both ways - finding out and not finding out.

I prefer to find out so that I can try to plan a little bit - obviously keeping in the back of my mind that bubs might come out to be a different sex. Any clothes I bought I always kept dockets for etc.

How could it take anything away from the birth? At the end you are going to have a beautiful little baby to hold in your arms and it doesn't matter what the sex is.
Anyway that's just my thoughts on the subject. Do what you feel you and your partner are comfortable with. You'll be happy no matter what your decision.
Barbara
hi well i am due to have number 2 in december and we didnt find out with number 1 and didnt really want to know this time either but baby decided to spread the legs so we could see and we seen quite a few times what we were having throughout our scan and im not dissapointed i am still as excited as i was first time round.anyway goodluck with everything.
Thanks for all your replys...it has been great to read them all!!

Hi Barbara, what a great idea! I think if I do decided to find out, now wanting to, I will prepare for that sex but will keep those dockets just in case the opposite decides to surprise us!!

If I do find out I don't know how I will keep it secret!! Oh well, will cross that bridge later!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi mum 78,

I have 2 children & both times we found out the sex & they were spot on. I was so excited knowing what i was carrying around inside me & we both felt that it didn't take anything away from the birth at all. How could it???? You have your beautiful bubba & thats all that counts.

Good luck with your decision.

Regards

Michelle - Mum to 2

I am pregnant with my second child and will find out again the sex of my bubs. I was undecided with the first bubs, then thought I would like to know so I could be prepared. I was required to have extra ultrasounds throughout my pregnancy and was lucky enough to have the sex confirmed several times so we were pretty sure! I will definitely find out again this time so that I know whether to keep Josh's old clothes out or buy girlie clothes etc. The joy that you experience after the birth just at finally holding your little miracle is enough for me! The sex may not be a surprise, but the result is just the same.

Belinda, VIC, Josh 15/7/03, due May 05

Sign in to follow this topic