Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Anybody over 30yrs and pregnant??

Anybody over 30yrs and pregnant?? Lock Rss

I know this should be in the pregnancy section but I ask here too..
I just found out I'm pregnant and I will be 35 in October!
I'm a bit scared I tink I'm too old..
Not just scared of this pregnancy but after like when my child will be only 10 I will be 45 already not sure how I will cope...
Congratulations on the pregnancy. How old are your other children if you don't mind me asking.

I had my first at 32, well 2 weeks shy of 33... lol My second was born when I was 34 1/2.

I am now nearly 35 1/2 with a 2 1/2 year old and a 10 month old.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. My youngest sister is just about to turn 21 and my mum is about to turn 59, she was 38 when she had her.

Is OVER rude people

we had our first at 35 and 2 more since you are not to old
i cant tell you not to be scared but you are not to old and 56 at there 21st if you stay healthy is not a problem

Thank you!
My boys are 16 and 5 so yeah that is another story..lol..
Looks like I like to leave a big age gap..
my boys get along fine although hey have days when the 16 year old just wants to be alone..lol..
i was the most worried about him when I told him but he was very happy ..the 5 year old wants to babies..lol..
Hi Silvie. You have nothing to worry about, you will be fine. I will be 42 in October and just had my first child in May this year. I did it as a single person via IVF. ALthough I was sick every day up until she was born, I was extrememly healthy otherwise. Isabella is a beautiful, healthy, perfect baby. Good luck, you will be fine, enjoy the experience xx

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm 30 and pregnant does that count???

Thank you all for making me feel a bit better..
I think it is a bit of a shock because it wasn't planned and because my boys are a bit older too ..
I was 29 when I had my last one and had a very bad case of insomnia and was constantly tired...so a bit scared from that too..
I don't have morning sickness yet but might be just too early I'm thinking that I'm around 4-5 weeks but my AF is very irregular so not sure.
Going for a dating scan next week can't wait to find out when is the due date..
Congratulations on your Pregnancy smile]

I was 34 when i had number 4 does that help!
Still plan on having another one or 2 and i am 35 now.

Also i have a big age gap between my 1st and 2nd.
Tayla 13, Monique 4, Lachlan 2 and Matilda 10 months next week.

I was 31 when bub was born and i be 33 when we start trying again.
My sil was 38 last year and she had her 3rd baby.
i just wanted to add my mum had me at 38 and we are the best of friends.
So you got nothing to worry about. You be a great mum.
[Edited on 22/08/2009]

Hi Silvie,

I'm 34 and 28 weeks preggie with #2. I was 32, nearly 33 when I had Travis, I think this will be our last but not cos of my age.
Your certainly NOT too old, most mums at my mother's group were in their early-mid 30's when they had their first and 6 of us are pregnant at the moment with number 2, must be something in the water, lol!!

Good luck with everything,

Jen

my dad was 45 when I was born ..and he was an old man early ..but even so he still had enough get up and go to deal with us ..it really is how old you feel not how many birthdays you have had ..I know lots of old old ladies who are only 34 or 35 ...yet my best frined is 40 and she runs rings around me and I am 31 lol lol lol
no,I am not, we are done, but I had my 1st at almost 35 ( 34 and 9 months) and 2 more followed close behind.My eldest just turned 9 in may.I will be 44 next week.You will be fine.My sil had her one & only at 46. She is a 'young' 56 with a 10 yr old.Dont stress you will be fine but expect a loss of patience lol
[Edited on 22/08/2009]

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic