Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Fundal Height measuring 4cm ahead.

Fundal Height measuring 4cm ahead. Lock Rss

Hi all,

I am nearly 34 weeks pg, and have been measuring 2cm higher in fundal height than my weeks since 20 weeks (ie at 30 weeks my fundal height was 32 cm)

At my 32 weeks checkup my fundal height had jumped another 2 cm, to measure at 36cm. So, I am 4 cms up on my weeks.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, as with my first I measured spot on each time. I am unsure if it's just becuase things have been stretched before, or if it's a sign of a big baby or too much amniotic fluid??

I am just speculating but would love to hear any opinions?
hi grayfox

i measured 3 weeks ahead at last midwife apt, i am currently 27 weeks, the midwife said it's very different for every women and it is ok to be out in measurements? which i thought was bizarre, why would they check if its "ok" to be bigger or smaller?

this is my first pregnancy, so there's alot i just dont understand yet!

Amy & daughters Jada 10/07/06, Alana 07/04/08

Hi

just letting you know that one of my friends measured 3cm ahead for about the last half of her pregnancy and the midwife told her she would be having a big bub but her little boy ended up being 6lb 10oz

i always measured spot on or 1cm below what i should be with my first and she was 7lb 2oz so bigger than the bub of my friend who measured bigger

so i wouldn't get too concerned about it they do have a few cm's to play with before they get too concerned especially since everyone carries differently

good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

At my last checkup I was 32 weeks and measured 36 cm's, I freaked out but when they did a scan the baby was the spot on size for a 32 week baby. Doc said I just have a little extra padding lol smile

I think the other girl was right, some measure differently & further down and we are all different shapes and sizes. It's quite an old fashioned way of measuring anyway. If your bub is right then that's all that matters.

Amanda

Hiya grayfox,

When I was pregnant with my daughter from about 26 weeks onwards I measured 7 or 8cm bigger than my weeks. I had GD with that pregnancy which was found fairly early, around 18 or 19 weeks I think.

This time round I'm 29 weeks tomorrow and measuring 36cm. My Dr has given me 3 glucose tests so far. With my first glucose test I was sent for an ultrasound to measure baby and fluid but both measurements were fine. Baby was a tad bigger for dates but nothing too extreme. My second test came back fine and I had my third one today so will find out what the results are on Monday. (Starting to think that my Dr has a blood fetish!!) I did ask what could cause big measurements and she said that it can be a sign of GD but also it could be an elongated uterus or it could also be if you or your partner are tall people.

Who knows? There doesn't seem to be many straight answers out there!!

I'd just adivse you to have a chat to your Dr, perhaps they can answer your questions a bit more clearly. Don't ever feel like you're being neurotic by asking too many questions. That's what Drs are there for.

Well take care, Hun.
Would love to know what your Dr says about it all so let us know how you go smile

Kylie, SA, Mum of Tiahna 9yo and Liam 23.06.06

Sign in to follow this topic