Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. how accurate are HPTs after an hour or so

how accurate are HPTs after an hour or so Lock Rss

hi.. i guess there is a VERY SLIGHT chance it wasnt an evap line... but i did the test this morning and after about 3mins i couldnt see anything and walked away meaning to come back in a few mins, anyway, kids woke up/brekky time etc and when i remembered i went back to look and there was a faint line and about 1.5hrs had gone by... i am assuming it was an evap line but, naturally, there is the slightest feeling of hope LOL

i will retest in a week or so, just wondering if this happened to anyone else and what the chances are grin

Beginning my work from home adventure

I'm pretty sure HPTs arent reliable after a certain amount of time. The brand i used said after 10 minutes the HPT should be discarded as result may no longer be accurate.

Thats just what i've read though, i could be wrong.

Good luck and hope you get the result you want smile

thanks... i dont know why i bothered asking because i already know the answer. Just wishful thinking

Im getting married in May, so if i was, i'd need a new dress LOL

it is possible, your much more likely to get a false negitive past the time then a false positive, as it does work through a chemical evaporating. i'ld do anouther to be safe.
hey this happened to me as well and im 21 weeks now.

thank you ladies..

heres hoping... im trying to wait as long as i can before testing again..

congratulations Aleisha

turns out it was a +ve laugh

turns out it was a +ve laugh

congrats

Kaleb almost 7, and Zayne 3. and 4 weeks with numb

Hehe, congratulations! Did you end up needing a new dress or could you get the other one altered?
Sign in to follow this topic