Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Has anyone had HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE early on or before and during pregnancy??

Has anyone had HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE early on or before and during pregnancy?? Lock Rss

Hi ladies.

I had high blood pressure a couple of months ago and docs keep putting it down to stress/worrying. When i worry or stress about something it shoots up. It never used to do that.

I'm worried I'll go to the docs for my first appointment and be told I have high blood pressure. Will she put me on medication to help or will I be on bed rest? Which i can't do as I have a 2 yr old and husband with a demanding job.

Any advice is appreciated.

Hi

I was on blood pressure tabs before i fell pg. For some unknown reason, approx 12 months before my BP went up and didn't want to come down. I fell pg and went off them to be monitored closely and then had a miscarriage. I told the docs i didn't want to go back on them. Fell pg a couple of months later and BP inititally went straight up again. Doc told me that if i didn't rest and stop then i would be looking at medication through my pregnancy and also the possiblities of pre-eclampsia etc.

With a huge shock to my system, i did, i rested when possible, avoided stresses in my life and put bub and i first and in a matter of weeks i had it under control for now. I have my own BP machine and monitor it several times a week as well as the docs keeping a close eye on it, but so far so good.

Depending on how high yours is and for how long its been like it, they may medicate but taking it easy in the meantime could be a good option. Hope you get it sorted and can keep it under control.
Thankyou for your reply. I am not on any blood pressure medication. I went to the docs with pain in my right side and they took my blood pressure and it was 140/100. Then they told me to calm down and re did it and it was a little lower.

I took my BP with a home machine a few weeks ago at my grandma's and it was normal. So was happy with that. I'm sure me stressing about things now will make it go up though.

Hi I am currently 36 weeks pregnant and have had high blood pressure for the past 2 months. The Doctors are generally pretty causious with this as there is such an effect that your blood pressure can have on you and your unborn child. However if you do end up with your bp high you will be advised to rest up when possible and closer monitoring on all aspects will be done. ie your urine samples, blood test, pb monitoring at dr and at home and as for myself have had to have 2 extra scan to make sure bubbies blood flow is at normal levels. The best thing that I can say to you is don't stress about it (easier said then done I know) but the more you worry the high your bp will go. Take it easy and your body will let you know exactly how much stress it can take at any one time!! Hope this helps you!! Good Luck with everything!!!
Sign in to follow this topic