Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Breech @ 34 weeks Lock Rss

What are the chances of baby turning head down at this stage?? I have had 4 natural births, my first was breech but still delivered naturaly (16 yrs ago) have been told most likely to have c section if baby stays breech is this likely?

I have heard 2nd and consecutive babies can turn right up until labour - they don't do it naturally often these days for fear of being sued if things go wrong which is why they are saying C-sec for you, but given that you've had a breech bub before you'd think they'd be more inclined to let you go for it if you want to.
Anyway - ring around some chiropractors and acupuncturists and see if any have experience - sometimes they only need to rebalance your hips for bubs to turn (its very gentle) and otherwise, you need to be doing yoga cat stretches ALL the time and that might help too. or put an ice pack on your tummy near its head and a hot wheat bag near your pelvis and that might encourage you bubba to flip!

[img]

What are the chances of baby turning head down at this stage?? I have had 4 natural births, my first was breech but still delivered naturaly (16 yrs ago) have been told most likely to have c section if baby stays breech is this likely?

It can still turn like the last post says.
But here are some tips i've picked up
1. A women on a pregnancy advice forum I started used an ice pack against here tummy to turn bubs as you can geuss bubs didn't like the cold so moved away from it.
2. Moxibustion - this is a type of accupuncture that uses the herd moxa and has shown to be successfull in turning breech babies in 1 our of every 4-5 cases so diffinitely worth a shot.
Here is the website from the ministry of health (NZ) that tells you about it and the research done on it:
http://www.moh.govt.nz/moh.nsf/indexmh/integrativecare-therapies-a3
I am having twins and one of which is breech. My doctor told me that a singleton pregnancy breech baby has a 5% chance of moving after 32 weeks, my twin has less than that due to space restrictions.

What are the chances of baby turning head down at this stage?? I have had 4 natural births, my first was breech but still delivered naturally (16 yrs ago) have been told most likely to have c section if baby stays breech is this likely?

<span class="emoticon smile">smile</span> The chances of your baby are turning are still high, unfortunately many doctors only like to give you until 37-38 weeks before doing a csection even when many babies will turn by the time a woman goes into labour even though doctors will try to argue with you that many babies WONT turn later than 38 weeks due to the lack of room which is untrue! You have a choice in everything that happens to you so remember you can always say no as policy is not the law. I personally if the baby hadn't turned by 38 weeks to tell the doctor i'd like to wait until i went into spontaneous labour unless i have had very quick labours or live a far distance away.

Here is a link for Doctors/Midwives who do breech births in Aust

also i recommend you check out the Spinning Babies Website It will have plenty of tips to help your baby turn

Sign in to follow this topic