Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

unborn having hicups? Rss

Lately i have though that the little one that is growing inside of me is being overactive, but for the last 2-3 days i could swear that the baby has the hicups! I even thought that maybe it was braxton hics but realsied that no it's not as they last a while and not repeat like hicups. Am i strange or can an unborn child actually have hicups?

little monkeys

hey

Yeah they do and its the most craziest feeling ever..

Ds 17/10/06

They most certainly do get them! It is their lungs developing & they are learning to breathe. Mines has them all the time, and it actually gets quite annoying lol.

If you wanted a week by week follow up of your baby and what it should be doing about now, you can register with lots of different sites and they send you an email each week, for eg. Week 12 - you are 12 weeks pregnant - gives you an IDEA of what's happening with you and baby, is only a guideline though so dont be stressed if it's not going as the email says. Its fun receiving these emails and I love seeing where bub is upto.
try babycentre.com, can't think of any others off top of my head!

Enjoy the hiccupps!!

Amanda =)

Toward the end of my pregnancy my wee girl was having the hiccups a couple of times a day!! Apparently its not actually distressing for them at all. AND just so you know - they still get them when they come out too!!

Leanne, NZ, Ella age 2 & Sam age 6months

Sign in to follow this topic