Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

9-10weeks ultrasound??? Rss

Hi
I was just wondering when you get and ultrasound done at 9-10weeks do they do an abdominal or virginal? This is my 3rd baby with my first 2 i had scans around 20weeks not this early.
Thanks
Hi there,

With both my 2 kids I had an ultrasound done at 12 weeks & 20 weeks and they were both abdominal scans. I'm pretty sure it is usually done this way but it may differ. Just maybe double check with your doctor or ask when you book your ultrasound?
I got abdominal around 12 weeks.
sil did get a viginal one done not sure why there was no problems i think it was the place she went to.
I've had early dating scans (less than 6wks and about 8wks)
Both they started with abdominal and then asked if I minded viginal so they could get a better picture.

This time round I had a scan at 9wks in the midwife's office and that was abdominal.
I had my first scan at six weeks and it was abdominal. So were all the rest.

Hi
I was just wondering when you get and ultrasound done at 9-10weeks do they do an abdominal or virginal? This is my 3rd baby with my first 2 i had scans around 20weeks not this early.
Thanks

Hi my_perfect_pair

They normally only do internal ultrasounds if your very early into your pregnancy. I had both an external and an internal one done at 6 weeks 2 days. All my ob could see with the external was the sac. With the internal she could see the yolk and you could also see the heart beat on the screen and we could hear the heart beat.

I would say that at 9-12 weeks they would do an external as the baby has developed quite a bit. You should also be able to hear the heart beat.

They can see more with an internal which is why they tend to do those earlier on rather than later.
Over my first 2 preg I have had a 6 week 2x12 week & 1 x13 week ultrasound and all were routinly started with an external ultra sound, but I have a retriverted (sp) uterus so needed internals for clearer pics.

Hi
Thanks

i had my first one done at 8 weeks and first it was abdominal and then vaginal didnt bother me but the nurse was a bit rude coz i had a full bladder and she said to me "no you dont" and i felt like saying hey my bladder is full u nit i drank a litre of water
I had an internal at 9 weeks. It was amazing. It was so clear we could even see the bubbas little legs kicking. My Ob, said you get a heaps better picture using internal before 12 weeks but perhaps not all OBs, have the internal thingy?? If you are offered a choice, defintely ask for internal. It's amazing!!!

Sign in to follow this topic