Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

First time mum to bes Lock Rss

Hey everyone,

At 26 weeks I am pretty much over the second trimester and am wondering what happened to this magical '2nd trimester energy boost' you are supposed to get. I have certainly been less tired than I was, but I am still finding that I am ready for a nap at about 3 o'clock every day. Sometimes as early as 12.
My theory is that it doesn't actually exist, it's just a lie they tell you in the first trimester to help you get through the sickness and everything else that suddenly gets dumped on you. Did anyone actually experience this??

I am also wondering if anyone else has any tips for dealing with heartburn?? I have been getting it really bad all the way through. I read somewhere that it's a third trimester problem. There goes more pregnancy lies.

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Hi everyone

Hope its alright for me to join. My name is Megan and I'm 27 and I'm 8 weeks pregnant so I'm still very early on. I will be relieved once I get to 12 weeks. I'm due on December 15th. I live in Christchurch.smile
Hi Everyone!

I'm Cassie, and I'm 27 and having my first bubba!

My due date is 25th Sept 2010...and I am finally halfway today!! YAY!!

I have my 20 week scan on Monday and CAN'T WAIT until I know what sex I'm having...I sooo can't wait to be a Mum!!

I've had 3 previous miscarriages, so sooooooooooooo happy this one has decided to stick around (I hope!!)!!

I live in Hobart, Tassie...

Cheers! xox
Hi Megan, hi Cassie.
Welcome to the thread.

I never really got the nervous waiting till week 12/13. By the time I finally got a positive result from a test (I had both a urine and blood come back negative), and went for my dating scan I was already 12 1/2 weeks.

Cassie, I hope you will let us all know how your scan goes and what you are having. It's such an exciting time!

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Hi everyone, I haven't been on for a while. Looks like i missed a lot smile Congratulations to everyone on their pregnancies smile its great to have so many people to share the experience with.

I'm now 21 weeks and very much over the 2nd trimester!! I have a few friends who have just had their babies and I can't wait grin I've found that I had a perfect first trimester with no morning sickness or symptoms, but i've found I am getting really tired and (although i would never tell my partner i agree with him) a little bit hormonal.

I've started meeting a midwife to plan the pregnancy etc, but as yet I haven't seen an obstetrician (other than for scans etc which are now over). What is everyone elses experiences with hospitals etc. I have been thinking about antenatal classes and what I need to do to plan the pregnancy/labour side of things. does anyone have any ideas about what they would like to do? From my last appointment, it sounds as though I will be having midwives run everything and dr's get involved pretty much as late as possible.

Look forward to hearing from everyone smile
Hey & Happy mothers day to all the new mums to be... Im Kylie 25 and am expecting my 1st bub due dec 13 2010 I am very excited about it all and want to share the experience with u all I am originally from Aotearoa NZ but am now living in Brisbane Oz with my Scottish Darling things so far are well and what u would expect of the 1st trimester no sickness for me so yayy to that but im sure ill get a bout of it all soon loving the changes my body is going thru and cant wait for the 2nd scan as at my 1st i was told it could be twins...ohhh my... any who thats all for now.

TAKE CARE MUMS

Hi everyone

Hope its alright for me to join. My name is Megan and I'm 27 and I'm 8 weeks pregnant so I'm still very early on. I will be relieved once I get to 12 weeks. I'm due on December 15th. I live in Christchurch.smile

HEY MEGAN,
WELCOME!! i am Kylie 25 new here 2 and expecting my first too am due dec 13 2010 just thought id say hello looking for new mums due same time as i good luck and hope all goes well 4 u

Hey Zinkles,

My name is Jess, welcome to the group. Congrats on your pregnancy!

I'm 20 and am due on the 11th October. I live in QLD Australia. I have also added you on MSN.

It is great that you and Ashlee are both in New Zealand!!

Jess

hey jess, congrats on ur new bub im also from qld aus due in dec looking for mums to share the whole experiance with wish u well in ur pregnancy journey

Hi ladies...
I thought i would join in as well. Im 18 weeks atm and live on the South Side of Brisbane. I noticed a few of you are from Brissie as well.
This is my first but im lucky and most of our friends have kids already... we are the late starters smile
Ive been going crazy with the clothes buying even b4 we found out last week that we are having a Boy lol. But im not too worried as we have 7 friends all preggers atm and another 4 trying. So all the pink clothes will make good gifts.
Take Care, Kirsty.
oops forgot to reply lol im also on the sth side of brizzy..and also a late starter BTW names Kylie 25 and due dec 2010 hope all goes well for u good luck
Hi Yummy Mummies....

Kylie thats great you are on the south side of Brisbane. Maybe all us Brissie girls can start our own play group lol. Its such a nice thing to be able to share everything even if we are total strangers, Makes a difference to know someone else is going through the same thing as you.

Where about are all the Brissie girls having their babies?
We have decided to go to Sunnybank Priv as we thought the Mater was quite expensive for parking, a lot busier and further for us to drive as well. We did our hospital tour on the weekend and i was really impressed with the birthing rooms and everything. Staff were really nice. Ive got my classes booked in for Aug smile
I have my 20 week scan tomorrow, we already know its a boy but im still really excited about it all!
Hope everyone is well.
ok well im not exactly southside anymore used to stay in loganlea but am now in redbank plains but still go out there alot as mum is still in loganlea but yeah definately a play group would be cool anyone wanting to add me on facebook pls do so just let me know ur from here as i dont normally add people i dont know but yeah kylie kanara from brisbane qld and u should find me take care mums
Sign in to follow this topic