Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

First time mum to bes Lock Rss

My boobs were sore on and off, i got worried when they werent sore for a day or two, but it was fine. smile They hurt more at about 4 weeks up until 6 weeks then they werent bad at all for a while, as soon as my bump showed they went..boing!!

Zinkles-they will use anesthetic, and he should be allowed pain relief after, plus cos your feeding him yourself he should recover very quickly. All he will know is that he had to have a bigger nap than usual. Just ask any questions you have, dont worry about them sounding silly. your his mummy you know whats best for him and what dosent seem right. gbh's to you and the wee man!
hey i found out yesterday i am pregnant. I am 24 and a first time mum to be as well. I will be due in August and live in auckland. I would love to chat to other new mums.
jessabell85 - heya, congrats on the pregnancy, my son is 25/08/10 and like zinkles was meant to be almost 2 weeks sooner on the 13/08....my DP is the 30/08 and his daughter is 31/08....busy month huh!
lots of sticky dust for you!!! i didnt get sore boobs at all...didnt even notice they were bigger until i was about 5 months i think.

Streckercynthia - congrats on your pregnancy. do you know what date in august you're due?

do either of you want to find out the sex of bubba?

Keirasmummy! - ahhh the feet...thats a new thing of Blakes too lol....i cant put him to bed in socks cause he sucks on them an dthey get all wet lol, so cute though. babies are so flexible hehe. his reflux is getting teriible. he make a pushing osund most of the time he's awake and now refuses to be on his back.

Zinkles - GBH!!! i know what you mean by the motherly instinct not wanting to give them to someone that will hurt them. i hate taking Blake to the doctor just because of that, he always leaves crying sad

as for solids, im not allowed to start him because my supply is rather low and i need to put him on the boob all the time until i can rely on my supply to stick around. plunket have been hounding me to put him on formula because he hasnt gained very much weight. im totally sick of plunket. they annoy the crap outta me!
hi girlls

had my scan all is good had a heart beat im further then i thought 6 weeks and 1 day smile new due date is 17/08/2011 smile soooo [email protected]

hi girlls

had my scan all is good had a heart beat im further then i thought 6 weeks and 1 day smile new due date is 17/08/2011 smile soooo [email protected]

Omg congratulations! lol that was my due date too! took a further 9 days to convince bub that it was time to come out tho hehe.

I have mastitis right now, its not fun!

one-little-man, thats silly plunket can be biatches about that. they should be supporting you with the breastfeeding!!

MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!
Xx
I tired Vinnie on solids again yesterday. Just the plain old Farex. He loved it! He started grabbing the spoon to move it towards his mouth like I wasn't doing it fast enough. There were a couple of times he wouldn't let go of the spoon and just chewed on it. If I took too long to give him more he would start fussing. Something tells me he is definitely ready...

jessabell85 - I'm so happy for you! That is great news!

Streckercynthia - Congratulations on your pregnancy! What part of Auckland are you in?

**one-little-man** - GRR plunket can be a pain. They know what they know and wont change their opinion for anything. Apparantly they've always been a pain. Mum tells me that when I was little I had become quite unsettled and plunket said mum was feeding me too much. Mum knew that wasn't the case and gave me more, causing me to settle down. She then quit plunket lol.

I have heard people on here talking about lactation cookies or something. Not sure what they do, but might be worth finding out incase they increase supply???

KeirasMummy! - Poor you! I hope it goes away soon sad

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

BTW I popped! haha..

9 days early, 2.5hr labour, used only gas(not by choice) 3rd degree tear requiring surgery. 6 pound 12 oz - Blake Zane McQuinlan 21/12/2010 <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span><span class="emoticon smile">smile</span><span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

(birth story can be found here www.mczany.com/bebe)

Was back in hosp yesterday with Blake due to jaundice, had to stay the night for UV treatment. His levels were back to semi okay this morning so they have let us go home. Have to go back to hosp tomorrow for another blood test.

Welcome new first time mums!
MissDevilMonkey - OMG CONGRATZ!!!!! thats so exciting. he is gorgeous!! and i have to say i absolutely love the name tongue..now theres 2 Blake's in this thread. 2.5 hour labour is very very impressive. hows the breastfeeding going?

Zinkles - did you mix it with breast milk or just water? i tried Blake on farex with water a week ago and he hated it. i tried him on farex with my milk today and he liked it a bit more...still pulled a funny face but didnt spit it out this time. yeah all plunket know is how to follow a book and as soon as a baby doesnt follow the book then plunket just get lost and confused...stupid people!!! mothers know best!!!

hope everyone had a good xmas and all the bubba's enjoyed their prezzies from santa!
OMG CONGRATULATIONS MissDevilMonkey! Awwwwww what a little bundle, your so lucky you had a quick labour, hes gorgeousness!! And almost a christmas baby too hehe.

As for the mastitis i think its clearing, i still feel like ive got a fever but the pain is pretty much gone..YAY!

Lucky for me i live in a rural area so plunket leave me alone unless i ring them or its a routine appiontment, i never ring them tho, i just see my doctor instead if we need to lol our nurse is really vauge, shes always happpyyyy and lifes a magical journey..lol!

We tried farex again too, mixed with a sachet of formula milk, bub just tastes a wee bit at a time, plays with it then shes had enough. it must be the taste she finds weird cos its not my milk thats in it.

xmas was good, bub was more interested in the paper than the presents, was spoilt rotten and we now have our own toy libary, it looked like i had a pudding baby in my belly lol and ive suddenly gained 1.5 kilos lol!
Hbu one-little-man?
x
haha yea Blake was more interested in the paper too lol, although he was really really excited about the cement truck he got, he was yelling at daddy to get it out of the box lol...bouncing around reachin gout for it. daddy couldnt get in out of the box any faster hehe. so cute!!

good to hear its clearing up.

haha put on weight..omg lol! i cant stop loosing it, man its annoying. i still eat like a dam horse. baby just sucking it outta me lol
Vinnie had a great christmas. So many presents!! gasp He loved ripping them open. So cute!
We also bought a highchair at the boxing day sales. $160 down from $289. Vinnie tried it for the first time today, it was great. Much easier than feeding him in his bouncer..

MissDevilMonkey - Congratulations!! What a gorgeous picture! Look foward to reading you story (can't now as Vinnie is being a grumpy bum)

**one-little-man** - I have used both milk and water. I use milk if I can be bothered to express some the night before (I know it's not much, but I ususlly want to go straight to bed after Vinnie), but he like it with water too. I just finished feeding him using water and he ate all of what I gave him. I think it's just getting used to it. It took Vinnie a couple of goes to figure out what to do with it, but now he loves it. He grabs the spoon and puts in in his mouth as if I'm not doing it fast enough lol.

KeirasMummy! - That's good the mastitis is clearing. I know what you mean about the toys. I have no idea where we are going to put them all.....

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Vinnie had a great christmas. So many presents!! gasp He loved ripping them open. So cute!
We also bought a highchair at the boxing day sales. $160 down from $289. Vinnie tried it for the first time today, it was great. Much easier than feeding him in his bouncer..

MissDevilMonkey - Congratulations!! What a gorgeous picture! Look foward to reading you story (can't now as Vinnie is being a grumpy bum)

**one-little-man** - I have used both milk and water. I use milk if I can be bothered to express some the night before (I know it's not much, but I ususlly want to go straight to bed after Vinnie), but he like it with water too. I just finished feeding him using water and he ate all of what I gave him. I think it's just getting used to it. It took Vinnie a couple of goes to figure out what to do with it, but now he loves it. He grabs the spoon and puts in in his mouth as if I'm not doing it fast enough lol.

KeirasMummy! - That's good the mastitis is clearing. I know what you mean about the toys. I have no idea where we are going to put them all.....

Lol i got two toy boxes from spotlight, theyre material kind of things with tinkerbelle on one and poohbear on the other, they fold down flat aswell for when im not using them. most stuffs been crammed into them haha or the nappy boxes we get (the treasures nappies in the car box, the box is good toy storage hehe)

i put Keira in her exersaucer to give her farex lol its funny cos when shes got nothing left in her mouth she bounces like "more mum!" then shes like "oh thats right, this isnt very nice tasting" lol!
Sign in to follow this topic