Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

First time mum to bes Lock Rss

Hi everyone, I haven't been on for a while. Looks like i missed a lot smile Congratulations to everyone on their pregnancies smile its great to have so many people to share the experience with.

I'm now 21 weeks and very much over the 2nd trimester!! I have a few friends who have just had their babies and I can't wait grin I've found that I had a perfect first trimester with no morning sickness or symptoms, but i've found I am getting really tired and (although i would never tell my partner i agree with him) a little bit hormonal.

I've started meeting a midwife to plan the pregnancy etc, but as yet I haven't seen an obstetrician (other than for scans etc which are now over). What is everyone elses experiences with hospitals etc. I have been thinking about antenatal classes and what I need to do to plan the pregnancy/labour side of things. does anyone have any ideas about what they would like to do? From my last appointment, it sounds as though I will be having midwives run everything and dr's get involved pretty much as late as possible.

Look forward to hearing from everyone smile

I envy your first trimester!

I think in NZ it's a bit different. The plan was to just see the midwife and she would do everything. No obstetrician or anything.
However my plans went out the window when they found a problem at the 20 week scan. I now have to travel to a hospital every three weeks or so for scans and stuff. I now have two 'special teams' working with me alongside the midwife. So my hospital experience will be quite different to everyone elses.
My first antenatal class is tomorrow, and I'm very nervous. I'm starting part way through so everyone will already know each other sad
As for the labour side of things, I haven't talked about it with my midwife yet, but I'm thinking gas for pain relief. I dislocated my knee a year or two ago and it worked really well then....

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Hey & Happy mothers day to all the new mums to be... Im Kylie 25 and am expecting my 1st bub due dec 13 2010 I am very excited about it all and want to share the experience with u all I am originally from Aotearoa NZ but am now living in Brisbane Oz with my Scottish Darling things so far are well and what u would expect of the 1st trimester no sickness for me so yayy to that but im sure ill get a bout of it all soon loving the changes my body is going thru and cant wait for the 2nd scan as at my 1st i was told it could be twins...ohhh my... any who thats all for now.

TAKE CARE MUMS

Hey Kylie,
Welcome to the thread. Good to see you here.
Do you have a date for your second scan yet? I imagine the waiting would be nervewracking!

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Hi guys...

Welcome to the new mummies; Kylie, Cassie & Meagan, congrats to you all on your pregnancies, hope you are all going well!

Kylie thank you for your well wishes... I can't believe you may be having twins, how exciting!

Cassie can't wait to hear how your scan goes, I too am really anxious to find out the sex of my baby!

Zinkles sorry to hear you have had problems, I hope everything gets better for you and you are taking care of yourself!

Well nothing new to report here, I'm 18.5 weeks and have my 20 week scan in 1.5 weeks... It is absolutely driving me mad having to wait for it, it seems to be taking forever!!! I just cannot wait to find out what we are having, and fingers crossed that bubba is healthy and everything is all ok in there.

Still not much growth in my belly since about Week 15-16... I hope bubby starts growing very soon as people still cannot tell I'm pregnant and I'm almost half way!!

How are everyone else's bumps going? When did your bump really start to pop out? I'm hoping mine will have popped out by 20 weeks.

Take care,

Jess wink
Hey ladies smile Congratulations on all the first time mummas to be it's so exciting isn't it !!

I'm Kira I'm 21 living in Melbourne and 33 weeks pregnant... due on June 29th so the count down is on !!

I've been lucky to skip all the morning sickness. i just turned into a zombie in first trimester and did not want to get out of bed EVER !

Jess my bump only started to pop out a bit around 22 weeks and it is still as tiny as ever. I was looking forward to having the big pregnant belly but it just looks like i've been eating too much ! lol. I guess i haven't got any stretch marks though so that is a bonus, and maybe i will just pop in the next few weeks !!

Anyone that is worried about not being organised we still haven't even picked up our cot, car seat & pram off layby ! So i'm starting to stress a tad that i hope I don't go into early labour or the baby will be sleeping in a drawer lol. (not really!)

Is anyone still working ?? Are you planning on leaving ??

I was working up till about 28 weeks but had to leave cause we only had one car and my partner started a job with hours that clashed so i couldn't make it there... i thought a little holiday might do me good before bub comes though smile so i'm BORED out of my brains but making the most of it as I know I wont be having a break for a long long time !!

Hi again,
Im 20 weeks and you can only tell if i wear something tight, i can still get away with just looking a bit chubby lol.

Miss Kylie im actually right in the middle at Regents Park, Its just near Browns Plains and i actually go out to Booval a lot as i have family adnd friend out that way harhar. So we would pass eachother all the time.
So does that mean you are having bub at Ips Hos? My cousion is about to have a bub there in the next week or so.

Take care everyone, i need to get to the shops then go for my 20 week scan. Just quite upset about the fact my partner prob wont be able to make it from work to see his lil Boy sad I know there is worse things in the world bust after having a m/c in Oct last year i hate going to things like this by myself and he fact he will miss out. I hope i get lots of pics!
Hi all, havent posted in here for a wee while lol. Im now 33 weeks and 4 days, just 45 days to go!!!!! I have a scan tomorrow so that will be great.. cant wait to see my lil toe rag again lol.
Right now Im super uncomfy!!!! Bub is head down, 3/5 engaged and likes to stretch up alot..so right now i have a head and hands pressing down while its feet are shoved up into my lungs...not nice!!! doesnt help that bub has hiccups as well. Urgh. Sore back and hips on top of that too... stupid ligaments!
Had antenatal class last night which was great. Had our tour of the maternity ward...wasnt what I expected but was better than I expected lol. Really want to use the bath in the birthing room lol.

Hope your all having good pregnancies.
Hannah

Hi all, havent posted in here for a wee while lol. Im now 33 weeks and 4 days, just 45 days to go!!!!! I have a scan tomorrow so that will be great.. cant wait to see my lil toe rag again lol.
Right now Im super uncomfy!!!! Bub is head down, 3/5 engaged and likes to stretch up alot..so right now i have a head and hands pressing down while its feet are shoved up into my lungs...not nice!!! doesnt help that bub has hiccups as well. Urgh. Sore back and hips on top of that too... stupid ligaments!
Had antenatal class last night which was great. Had our tour of the maternity ward...wasnt what I expected but was better than I expected lol. Really want to use the bath in the birthing room lol.

Hope your all having good pregnancies.
Hannah

aww when i had a tour of the hospital as soon as i saw the bath i'm like 'i'm giving birth in there !! ' haha but we will see..
and as for bub, loves to shove and kick its legs into my ribs !!
i'm 33 weeks 1 day, and the midwife told me i don't get no more scans sad i'm jealous u get to see your little munchkin Hannah feels like so long ago we got to see our buby sad .. well not too long and we'll be holding him or her i guess smile

aww when i had a tour of the hospital as soon as i saw the bath i'm like 'i'm giving birth in there !! ' haha but we will see..
and as for bub, loves to shove and kick its legs into my ribs !!
i'm 33 weeks 1 day, and the midwife told me i don't get no more scans sad i'm jealous u get to see your little munchkin Hannah feels like so long ago we got to see our buby sad .. well not too long and we'll be holding him or her i guess smile

lol looks like im a few days ahead of you!!! but we both quite a bit ahead of the other girls on here hehe. I think my scan tomorrow is a sort of growth scan, just to check on bubs size etc. Although it may be because Ive had alot of bleeds throughout my pregnancy cos im a rh- blood group.
I just wanna have a good soak in the tub lol..... not too keen on actually having the baby in it....
But I cant wait to meet 'it' lol. im guessing your having a surprise too? I really want a girl but would love a boy as well..... *sigh* wish I was closer to having bub...and really hope I dont go over my Due date. That would suck... especially if I have bub on the 2nd of July... its my mums bday that day, n she said that if bub is born that day then She gets to keep it... no fair!!! So it had better not stay in there!!!

Hannah

lol looks like im a few days ahead of you!!! but we both quite a bit ahead of the other girls on here hehe. I think my scan tomorrow is a sort of growth scan, just to check on bubs size etc. Although it may be because Ive had alot of bleeds throughout my pregnancy cos im a rh- blood group.
I just wanna have a good soak in the tub lol..... not too keen on actually having the baby in it....
But I cant wait to meet 'it' lol. im guessing your having a surprise too? I really want a girl but would love a boy as well..... *sigh* wish I was closer to having bub...and really hope I dont go over my Due date. That would suck... especially if I have bub on the 2nd of July... its my mums bday that day, n she said that if bub is born that day then She gets to keep it... no fair!!! So it had better not stay in there!!!

Hannah

aww yeah we are having a surprise.. i cannot wait to see !! and i'm the same i want a girl, but i want a boy too lol.. i hate calling bub 'it' though so we end up calling it he or she lol whatever slips out lol..
i'm negative blood group too !! got my next needle next week yay lol... i've had no bleeds though.. sounds like everything is still all ok even though you've had bleeding !!
haha, my mum seems to think she's the one having a baby.. everytime there is a baby on tv or something mentioned about babies she'll be like to my sister 'we're having one of those'

it's great that she wants to be so invloved but i hope she is not too over the top as my partner is already getting a bit anxious about it... like she wants to be in the delivery room but he wants it to be just me and him and OH MY GOD, don't even get me started i'm stuck right in the middle and want to make them both happy but can't sad arghhh i don't know what to do about it !!!

aww yeah we are having a surprise.. i cannot wait to see !! and i'm the same i want a girl, but i want a boy too lol.. i hate calling bub 'it' though so we end up calling it he or she lol whatever slips out lol..
i'm negative blood group too !! got my next needle next week yay lol... i've had no bleeds though.. sounds like everything is still all ok even though you've had bleeding !!
haha, my mum seems to think she's the one having a baby.. everytime there is a baby on tv or something mentioned about babies she'll be like to my sister 'we're having one of those'

it's great that she wants to be so invloved but i hope she is not too over the top as my partner is already getting a bit anxious about it... like she wants to be in the delivery room but he wants it to be just me and him and OH MY GOD, don't even get me started i'm stuck right in the middle and want to make them both happy but can't sad arghhh i don't know what to do about it !!!

my mum is only gonna be in there if my partner isnt there in time....quite often he works a few hours away...sucks but oh well lol.
Yeah bub is doing fine now ( i hate calling bub it as well so mine is he/she whichever slips out too lol).
Me and DP are so looking forward to bub arriving. especially me...im so sick of no sleep...i cant get comfy grrrr. I have now been awake all night... not impressed lol. and now im hungry!!!
Hi Kira,
Welcome to the thread! I'm sure Hannah's glad to have another June mummy. Hope you can both get some good sleep before your little ones arrive.

'we're having one of those' is my mum too. This baby is first grandchild on either side, so we have some super excited grandparents-to-be!!!! We live in a small town where my mum and DH's parents are only about a 5 min walk away. I think there's going to be competition over who gets to look after the baby... Could be interesting

Jess - I remember being there. Give yourself another month or so. Mine 'popped' at about 23 weeks and is now going strong. When yours does 'pop', watch out for the people that think they now have the right to rub the bump every chance they get. It's really weird....

Hi Kira,
Welcome to the thread! I'm sure Hannah's glad to have another June mummy. Hope you can both get some good sleep before your little ones arrive.

'we're having one of those' is my mum too. This baby is first grandchild on either side, so we have some super excited grandparents-to-be!!!! We live in a small town where my mum and DH's parents are only about a 5 min walk away. I think there's going to be competition over who gets to look after the baby... Could be interesting

Jess - I remember being there. Give yourself another month or so. Mine 'popped' at about 23 weeks and is now going strong. When yours does 'pop', watch out for the people that think they now have the right to rub the bump every chance they get. It's really weird....

Thank you smile How far along are you ?? I don't think there is such a thing as good sleep now !! I feel like an elephant and getting kicked all night makes it hard to fall asleep then wake up at 4am and am STARVING lol...aww well i'm definatly taking advantage of not working and having my nana naps during the day hehe, which is probbaly why i can't sleep at night but ohh well.

I havevn't had one stranger rub my belly yet !!!! only my mum every second she sees me...which is alot as we are living with her.. don't know how thats all going to work out when baby comes i can see my partner loosing his mind if she's always trying to hold bubba etc, but it is her first grandchild and at least she is excited unlike the MIL who seems couldn't care less, i'll be surprised if she even comes to visit when buba is born !!

Sign in to follow this topic