Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

First time mum to bes Lock Rss

Hi I'm Jasmine.

25 years old and living in Waiouru with my fiancee Jonathan who is also 25 years.

We've been trying for 3.5 years for this child. Miscarried at 8 weeks in June 09.
Am currently 17 weeks and am due 19th June smile

Hi I'm Jasmine.

25 years old and living in Waiouru with my fiancee Jonathan who is also 25 years.

We've been trying for 3.5 years for this child. Miscarried at 8 weeks in June 09.
Am currently 17 weeks and am due 19th June smile

grats Jasmine! and welcome smile will you be finding out the sex?
Most definitely smile Hope baby cooperates
Have scan booked in taupo for 11th Feb
Hello all!

I'm due in less than three weeks (I say as my bub does a wiggle and pushes its head against my cervix...), and I CANNOT WAIT.
It's my Mum's first grandchild, and I think she has done enough research to pass the exam to become a midwife, lol.

My partner and I have been together for two and a half years. Falling pregnant was unintended, but totally welcome. We had intended to get married before having kids, but such is life!
When your Mum warns you that she was extremely fertile and fell pregnant the first go all five times, listen when she warns you that you're probably just as fertile! Just one time...

Lol.

smile
Hello everyone.
We got back from the hospital on Friday afternoon, and I have been trying to find the time to type this up..

Vinnie's surgery went really well. But we ended up staying in recovery for longer than planned as he wasn't breathing properly.
For the reast of the day afterwards, Vinnie spent most of the time asleep, but he would occasionally wake up screaming and only stop once they had given him some morphine. They ended up changing it so that the morphine was constantly flowing and that really helped.

We had to have a nurse in the room with us at all times until the next morning, making sure that he was ok.

The poor thing wasn't allowed a feed until the next morning and so I spent half the night trying to settle him because he kept waking up needing a feed. Even when he was allowed to have a feed he was only allowed a little bit to make sure that his body could handle it. Thankfully, by the evening I was allowed to give him as much as he wanted. He is still not having as much in one go as he used to, but he is feeding more frequently. About every hour. Very exhausting.

For the first day even when he was awake he was out to it because of all the drugs he was on. He would just stare out into space. He would look at you and not seem to even notice that you were there. It was horrible.

He hasn't had any morphine since the afternoon of the second day, and now is having paracetamol. Even then he doesn't seem to be in much pain and hasn't had any pain relief since about 1.30 yesterday afternoon. Even when we do give it to him he often doesn't get much because he just spits it back out again. I thought I had done really well yesterday getting him to swallow it, but he ended up just coughing it all back up again.

We should find out in a week or two what exactly the mass is and then we will know where this is going from there.

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Hello everyone.
We got back from the hospital on Friday afternoon, and I have been trying to find the time to type this up..

Vinnie's surgery went really well. But we ended up staying in recovery for longer than planned as he wasn't breathing properly.
For the reast of the day afterwards, Vinnie spent most of the time asleep, but he would occasionally wake up screaming and only stop once they had given him some morphine. They ended up changing it so that the morphine was constantly flowing and that really helped.

We had to have a nurse in the room with us at all times until the next morning, making sure that he was ok.

The poor thing wasn't allowed a feed until the next morning and so I spent half the night trying to settle him because he kept waking up needing a feed. Even when he was allowed to have a feed he was only allowed a little bit to make sure that his body could handle it. Thankfully, by the evening I was allowed to give him as much as he wanted. He is still not having as much in one go as he used to, but he is feeding more frequently. About every hour. Very exhausting.

For the first day even when he was awake he was out to it because of all the drugs he was on. He would just stare out into space. He would look at you and not seem to even notice that you were there. It was horrible.

He hasn't had any morphine since the afternoon of the second day, and now is having paracetamol. Even then he doesn't seem to be in much pain and hasn't had any pain relief since about 1.30 yesterday afternoon. Even when we do give it to him he often doesn't get much because he just spits it back out again. I thought I had done really well yesterday getting him to swallow it, but he ended up just coughing it all back up again.

We should find out in a week or two what exactly the mass is and then we will know where this is going from there.

sounds so scary!!! atleast ur back home now:) we'll keep our fingers crossed that the news is good!

welcome nostrum!!-do you know what your having?
alleycat09 - Welcome and congratulations! How far is Taupo from Waiouru? I thought it was quite far....?

Nostrum - Three weeks, how exciting! I remember those days being the best and worst time of my pregnancy. Best because I was going to meet my baby soon, and worst because I was completely fed up with being pregnant!

Here are some photo's of my big brave boy.
The one of the 'wound' as the doctors call it was taken just after we took the dressing off, so that's why it's so red. I measured it, and it's 6.5cm long. My poor baby!

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

o wow that's a big scar! he'll get the ladies later in life for it though hehe

Blake is 4 weeks old today! crazy as we wern't even expecting him to be 2 weeks old by now!

my tear is still healing.. and man it hurts everytime I go to the bathroom!
my pelvis is still paining and is still really hard to move which sucks!

Blake is finally enjoying his baths, and isn't screaming everytime he doesn't have a nappy on hehe.
Have a hosp appointment on friday to discuss his kidney enlargement and discuss the scan we had last week..hopefully its all good!
I'm so happy he is a calm night time guy.. i defintally picked up that trend when he was still inside me.. he'll only wake up once.. maybe twice during the night so i'm happy as pie!

for the new FTM to the group.. whats your biggest worry?
Zinkles - aww poor vinnie. the wound looks nice and clean and tidy though. what a brave little man. do the docs think it will leave much of a scar?

MissDevilMonkey - when you said Blake is 4 weeks old...i was like....'what...no hes not...hes almost 5 months lol (thinking you were talking about my Blake tongue. glad to hear hes very placid and easy going at night. makes it so much easier when you can get a few hours unbroken sleep.

Nostrum - wow less than 3 weeks. how exciting!!! grin. has it been hard being heavily pregnant over summer? i found i was much warmer than i usually would be in winter. you're lucky to be highly fertile....i'm not. took me almost a year to fall pregnant after stopping the pill. and no doubt i'll have to stop breastfeeding to get pregnant again. trying to convince my partner we should have another one now because i want a small age gap..but he's already got 2 kids so isnt keen on anymore at the moment sad. ah well im happy with what i have...i love my son to pieces!!!!

alleycat09 - wow you have to travel so far just for a scan. worth it though. makes your pregnancy seem so worth it when you get to see that little person you're growing. congratz on the pregnancy!! seems like your've got a sticky bean grin

Blake has been really unsettled lately. some days i think he's teething cause his cheeks are red and he drools way more..other days i just think he's having a bad day. he's loving his solids so far.
on the day he was 20 weeks he started sitting up unsupported, as if he'd been doing it for ages lol. still topples over occassionally, so i cant just sit him up and walk away. any babies doing pushups when on their tummies?
I must be extremly fertile too lol i was on the pill but i wasnt well for about a week (throwing up). And hey ho 9 months later..BABY! smile

Zinkles-Vinnie will be a babe magnet hehe, i hope he heals up quickly, he sounds like he did so well, and you too.

MissDevilMonkey- you can try ural sachets to neutralise your wee, it wont sting when you go then or just pour a cup of warm water over yourself as you go, weird as it sounds (and icky) but it helps.
Good to hear that Blakes sleeping so well..lucky you tehe!

Nostrum & alleycat09-welsome and congrats!
Am feeling for you in the hot weather! Must be very uncomfortable.

**one-little-man** - Keiras been abit unsettled latley too. Im sure theres a tooth ready to come up, i can feel a bump in her gums(were the bottom front teeths would be) and shes dribble and red cheeked.
Keiras doing push ups lol and rolling lots, i have to watch her cos pretty soon she will be able to roll more than two or three times in a row and she might roll under a couch or something blink

I said to her yesterday "Whos this?" (Pointing to her) and she said "wub wub" lol! She wakes me up in the morning saying mumumumum and bububub. Shes always saying mama..its too cute! wub
Sorry guys, been caught up in life......

I currently have PND and Depression (GUHHHHH Wish it went) but other then that I am fine <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

James is in an open cot (Has been for over 4? Weeks? Not sure <span class="emoticon tongue">tongue</span> Can't remember. He has Chronic Lung Deiase though, but I hope he get's better soon <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>. He weigh's almost 3000Grams

I Hope everyone is going fine <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span> Sorry if people have been worried where I have been.

Here's a few updated pictures ^^

This one is my Fav <3
Aww your babies are so GORGEOUS. I can't wait to meet my little one.
Zinkles, your little man is so handsome. If I have a little girl we should definitely keep in touch. wink
BabyBlueBird, that photo of James drinking from the bottle is so sweet. He's tiny!!

The heat this summer overall hasn't been too bad. The worst I suffered was moving house in mid Dec on the HOTTEST weekend. We had a bunch of wonderful friends help with moving, but that ended up stressing me worse because everyone being thoughtful and asking me what i wanted done left me very claustrophobic.

We've got a great place now. Our master bedroom has air con (yay!!) and there's an indoor pool ten minutes waddle down the street.

I'm just counting down the minutes now. Mum lives three hours from me, so I have to call her whenever I get more than three contractions in a row so she can be prepared to drive down for the birth. Hehe. It's her first GC, so I can understand her excitement. But I think she's getting fed up with my regular Braxton Hicks and my random irregular contractions.
My sister said I can't go into labour this week as the highway is flooded and she'd have to drive from Broken Hill to Sydney via Mildura. So I get to cross my legs if it comes too soon.

I feel really lucky that I fell pregnant so easy (unintentionally) and that I've had such an amazingly textbook pregnancy. It breaks my heart to read the stories of some of the women who aren't as blessed as me.
Sign in to follow this topic