Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

First time mum to bes Lock Rss

Wow I cant believe you august mums are 6 months along now!!!!! GRATS
MissDevilMonkey - tell me about it! its gone sooooooo fast! hard to believe that in another 6 months they'll be on the move, talking, and eating unmashed food.amazing!

KeirasMummy! - Blakes having 3 meals a day. looking at starting him on steak soon, he's eating grated chicken in with his mashed veges at night. i give Blake 4 ice cubes 3 times a day (4 of the big ice cubes). he's moving into the 0 stuff but still mainly in 00. he's 70cm tall so lots of his 00 stuff is too short but too wide lol.

Whats Keira in?
*one-little-man*
Keiras in mostly size 0 now cos shes got quite the belly on her lol and a ghetto booty, all her stuff has to be rolled up on her tho cos the sleeves and pants are too long.

She inhales food too i might add some meat to her dinner soon lol and that tooth still hasnt popped up but i can feel it trying to.
Does Blake bite you at all?

MissDevilMonkey-it goes so fast i already want another one!
Vinnie is still on 2 meals a day, but I am going to change that tomorrow. Am still having trouble with getting him to eat foods 'straight'. I have to mix them with the Farex so they aren't as strong, but he is getting better.

Still no crawling here, not even the hands on knees rocking. At the moment he is quite happy to just roll and wiggle everywhere - which he does very well.

Not sure what I am going to do about clothing sizes. He is long and thin, so the 00s are getting too short, but the 0's are too wide for him.

Oooh gotta go, hope to come back and finish my post later

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Hey guys,

Can I have tips for getting your baby to sleep? I mean I leave him alone till he falls asleep, but I have noticed, if i feed him, he will fall asleep. I've only had him for 2 days now, and he's slowly adjusting to his routine, and i am slowly ajusting to his. He's a very content baby smile He is sweet and gawjuce.

OH and he's off his oxygen grin almost 2 weeks on wednesday he has been off ^^
BabyBlueBird - your back!! yay!! aww awesome that he's back with his mummy. so glad he's doing so well. i say if he falls asleep feeding then keep using that method for him to fall asleep,
Blake grew out of that by 3 months so i had to teach to self settle. he still cries 90% of the time before he falls asleep but its hardly ever for very long. i walk him to his room, pu thim in his sleeping bag, shut the curtains with him, kiss him goodnight and put him down and walk straight out of the room. i found walking straight out of the room worked best for us as he used to get really hysterical when i stayed in there singing or patting his bum.

Zinkles - haha Blake has the same length issue. tall but skinny. 0's will only stay up if he has an undersuit on to kinda stick to lol. he has well and truly outgrown the 00 though
BabyBlueBird - Hey! So glad you have James now, and great to hear that he is off his oxygen.
Vinnie just falls asleep with his last feed at night. It's good now, but it means that I will have to teach him to self-settle later on. Not looking forward to that....

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Its taken me 2 weeks possibly longer but i finally can get Keira to goto sleep in her bed with a dummy, im not really bothered about the dummy cos otherwise she just wont give in. She spits it out when shes going into a deep sleep, its great shes got a muslin cuddly she holds too but i move it out of the cot once shes asleep.

BabyBlue-YAY! How exciting, James is so cutee! smile
Its taken me 2 weeks possibly longer but i finally can get Keira to goto sleep in her bed with a dummy, im not really bothered about the dummy cos otherwise she just wont give in. She spits it out when shes going into a deep sleep, its great shes got a muslin cuddly she holds too but i move it out of the cot once shes asleep.

oh woohoo?! well done Keira! so does that make her bedtime earlier than the middle of the night? in the end you do what you need to do for the both of you to get some sleep.

Zinkles - teaching to self-settle is really difficult. blake only falls asleep on the boob during the night which i think is causing problems now because hes waking up 3 times i think just for me and not a feed.

a proud mummy and daddy right here, Blake started crawling today! luckily we're picking the safety gate up tomorrow.
KeirasMummy!, **one-little-man** - How did you teach bubs to self-settle?

Oh, and just remembered I don't think I told you... Vinnie is perfectly fine after his operation and because of that we never have to see the hospital again smile

Sign in to follow this topic