Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

First time mum to bes Lock Rss

Anda of course we dont mind!! Thats what this thread is all about. Us first timers getting together and having a vent to other mummies who know what we are goin through.
Youve still got 11 weeks, thats ages to get ready lol. If you want to talk just add me on msn if you have it catriona_007@hotmail.com. Just let me know that your from this thread.

Well im almost 35 weeks, will be on saturday. Ive been visiting my old work mates and found out theyre taking bets on me being early lol. All just because bub is measuring 2 weeks ahead, is head down and 4/5 engaged allready. but that doesnt mean that bub will be early. Although secretly I hope bub arrives after im 37 weeks... dont wanna go til 40 weeks when bub is already big lol.
But at least I know Im all ready for it, my bag is packed, have all bubs stuff washed and put away and set up.The only thing I have to buy now is a pump and bottles for when I need a break lol. As of next week I'll be on weekly antenatal visits. Yays lol.
Anywhos hope your all good.

Hannah OOXX

How nice to find out your workmates are betting on you lol. I was talking with my mum this morning, and she said one advantage to having bigger babies is they are easier to dress. And they feel less fragile. So theres something to make you feel a bit better...

When did you have your bag packed by? And all of babies' clothes washed? I've still got 12 weeks or so before I'm due but have really started thinking about when I have to have everything ready.

I have to say I'm not really looking forward to the weekly midwife appointments, even though we only have to go (literally) down the road and round the corner to see ours. I wonder who hets sick of who first???

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

How nice to find out your workmates are betting on you lol. I was talking with my mum this morning, and she said one advantage to having bigger babies is they are easier to dress. And they feel less fragile. So theres something to make you feel a bit better...

When did you have your bag packed by? And all of babies' clothes washed? I've still got 12 weeks or so before I'm due but have really started thinking about when I have to have everything ready.

I have to say I'm not really looking forward to the weekly midwife appointments, even though we only have to go (literally) down the road and round the corner to see ours. I wonder who hets sick of who first???

lol ive had my baby clothes washed and put away since i was about 20 weeks lol. my bag has been mainly packed since about 24 weeks lol. I just hate being unprepared.

im sick of my middy, shes useless. Oh well lol.

lol ive had my baby clothes washed and put away since i was about 20 weeks lol. my bag has been mainly packed since about 24 weeks lol. I just hate being unprepared.

im sick of my middy, shes useless. Oh well lol.

Well that makes me feel better. I've been seriously tempted to start packing my bag now, but have been telling myself that I don't need to yet. Do you have any suggestions about things you wouldn't think to put in there? Anything that people have told you about that sounds like it will be handy? Some good sounding ones that I have heard are: Soft toilet paper, your own shower gel etc, snacks and a wheat bag.

Sorry to hear your midwife isn't any good. Mine's great. I even had someone say to me 'oohh I wish I'd had her' lol. So I guess I got lucky...

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Well that makes me feel better. I've been seriously tempted to start packing my bag now, but have been telling myself that I don't need to yet. Do you have any suggestions about things you wouldn't think to put in there? Anything that people have told you about that sounds like it will be handy? Some good sounding ones that I have heard are: Soft toilet paper, your own shower gel etc, snacks and a wheat bag.

Sorry to hear your midwife isn't any good. Mine's great. I even had someone say to me 'oohh I wish I'd had her' lol. So I guess I got lucky...

hmmm good question... well granny knickers are a major. Gotta try n be comfy after and you can chuck them out after lol cos they not expenseive. you might wanna take your own maternity pads even if your hospital provides them. some hospitals only provide a certain amount n they dont last and some are a horrible brand.
.......hmmm... got the ole brain thinking now. il get back to you. Il write a list of all the stuff in my bag n post it.
My hospital bag (including my birthing bit)

For the birth:
** Snacks for DP... dont want him complainin hes hungry
** Lollies for me for energy boost
** 2 X bottles of powerade.
** My clothes to birth in (a strapless loose dress)
** Togs for DP for when Im in the bath
** My birthplan and admissions form and white history booklet thing
** lip balm
** hair ties and clips
** socks just in case my feet get cold
** Camera will go in closer to the time
** Massage oil
** 1 pair of knickers that can be ruined lol

For bub:
** 1 Swaddle wrap & 1 woollen blanket
** 3 pairs woollen booties & 3 pairs of socks & 1 pair of mittens
** 1 cotton hat and 1 woolen
** 1 merino stretch n grow, 1 merino short sleeve Tee & 1 long sleeve
** 4 Stretch n grows
** 2 sleep suit/nightys
** Going home outfit- warm fluffy brown jacket, pants and booties set
** 14 Newborn nappies
** Vaseline
** 1 pack of 80 natural bamboo baby wipes
** Travel pack of baby toiletries-small baby powder,small baby bath,small baby lotion & small baby shampoo
** Baby capsule/ carseat

For me:
** 2 packs of Libra maternity pads
** 3 rolls of Quilton super soft loo paper
** Paper Tissues
** Toothbrush & toothpaste
** 8 nipple pads (DP can bring more if needed)
** Mini shampoo & conditioner & bodywash
** Deoderant, facecloth & hairbrush
** moisturiser & cleanser
** plastic bags for dirty washing
** 2 Breastfeeding singlets
** 1 maternity bra
** 1 pair of black trackpants
** 2 pairs of socks
** 8 pairs of knickers (cheapies so it doesnt matter if I throw them out)
** 1 pair of Jamma pants
** DP's boxers and a massive T-shirt
** 2 maternity tops to wear with BF singlets
** Dressing gown & slippers
** Book, magazine, pen and paper
** Coins for the paper
** food cos hospital stuff sucks

I think thats it lol. Hope that helps!

My hospital bag (including my birthing bit)

For the birth:
** Snacks for DP... dont want him complainin hes hungry
** Lollies for me for energy boost
** 2 X bottles of powerade.
** My clothes to birth in (a strapless loose dress)
** Togs for DP for when Im in the bath
** My birthplan and admissions form and white history booklet thing
** lip balm
** hair ties and clips
** socks just in case my feet get cold
** Camera will go in closer to the time
** Massage oil
** 1 pair of knickers that can be ruined lol

For bub:
** 1 Swaddle wrap & 1 woollen blanket
** 3 pairs woollen booties & 3 pairs of socks & 1 pair of mittens
** 1 cotton hat and 1 woolen
** 1 merino stretch n grow, 1 merino short sleeve Tee & 1 long sleeve
** 4 Stretch n grows
** 2 sleep suit/nightys
** Going home outfit- warm fluffy brown jacket, pants and booties set
** 14 Newborn nappies
** Vaseline
** 1 pack of 80 natural bamboo baby wipes
** Travel pack of baby toiletries-small baby powder,small baby bath,small baby lotion & small baby shampoo
** Baby capsule/ carseat

For me:
** 2 packs of Libra maternity pads
** 3 rolls of Quilton super soft loo paper
** Paper Tissues
** Toothbrush & toothpaste
** 8 nipple pads (DP can bring more if needed)
** Mini shampoo & conditioner & bodywash
** Deoderant, facecloth & hairbrush
** moisturiser & cleanser
** plastic bags for dirty washing
** 2 Breastfeeding singlets
** 1 maternity bra
** 1 pair of black trackpants
** 2 pairs of socks
** 8 pairs of knickers (cheapies so it doesnt matter if I throw them out)
** 1 pair of Jamma pants
** DP's boxers and a massive T-shirt
** 2 maternity tops to wear with BF singlets
** Dressing gown & slippers
** Book, magazine, pen and paper
** Coins for the paper
** food cos hospital stuff sucks

I think thats it lol. Hope that helps!

Thanks! There are a few things on there I don't think I would have thought about. Like hairties. So obvious, yet so easily forgotten.

Thanks! There are a few things on there I don't think I would have thought about. Like hairties. So obvious, yet so easily forgotten.
its always the way. Ive just gotta remember to put back anything i take out. hopefully its all ill need though. but if it isnt then my DP can just get it for me lol

its always the way. Ive just gotta remember to put back anything i take out. hopefully its all ill need though. but if it isnt then my DP can just get it for me lol

oh my goodness Hannah you are totally prepared !! And you must have a monster sized bag/suitcase lol. I'm thinking I might need to buy a bigger bag, I just don't think everything is going to fit in otherwise !!

I'm going shopping today to buy some big bum granny undies lol, and some new pjs etc etc all that sorta stuff to take to hospital, so Hannah i'm stealing your list !! lol.

Oh my goodness i'm 35 weeks not long now !! STILL have out cot/car seat/pram on layby, picking that up this weekend though when dp has a day off.

Finding it hard to breathe lately !! Little bubba is squashing all my insides up ! Totally getting over being pregnant though, feels like i have been for years lol. And fed up with everyone lately. Sick of everyone and everything !!!

How is everyone elses pregnancys going ??

Hi all,

Welcome to the new mummies, there are quite a few!!

Just a quick update, I am 20 weeks today, half way yeyyyyy!! Today is the last day of not knowing what the sex of my baby is... Will be good to give the baby an identity instead of being 'IT' lol.

I am very nervous & excited for my scan tomorrow morning (don't think I will sleep at all tonight), and am looking forward to seeing that my baby is healthy and everything is going well in there! I also have an antenatal appointment tomorrow afternoon, so I hope that goes well also.

Been feeling loads of movement everyday now, and daddy can feel them too!!

Fingers crossed that Bubba cooperates tomorrow and has his/her legs uncrossed!

So I will post tomorrow after my scan, hope everyone else is going great!

Take care, Jess
Hello all,

I am a first time mum and am a bit concerned. I had a bad night of throwing up two nights ago and yesterday almost fainted at work.

The doctor said its probably just low blood pressure, but now my tummy is not as hard as it was and the baby is not kicking as hard.

Has any one else had something similar happen to them???

Sazy

Hello all,

I am a first time mum and am a bit concerned. I had a bad night of throwing up two nights ago and yesterday almost fainted at work.

The doctor said its probably just low blood pressure, but now my tummy is not as hard as it was and the baby is not kicking as hard.

Has any one else had something similar happen to them???

Sazy

Ive never had the throwing up but i do get dizzy quite often.Mine is from bub squishing my veins and cutting off my blood flow. How far along are you? If your really worried go to your midwife. the least she can do is use a doppler and check bubs heartbeat. Good luck Sazy

Ive never had the throwing up but i do get dizzy quite often.Mine is from bub squishing my veins and cutting off my blood flow. How far along are you? If your really worried go to your midwife. the least she can do is use a doppler and check bubs heartbeat. Good luck Sazy

I have 11 weeks to go, and i think you've got a good idea there. Thank you.
Although i am probably just being over paranoid! Best to put my mind at rest and get checked.
Sign in to follow this topic