Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

weirdest cravings Lock Rss

Anyone had any really strange cravings?
Ive craved ice cubes with both pregnancies which ive heard of but the other day in the shower i really craved..... the shower water!!
Very weird and now i want it more lol i think its more so to do with the sprinkling on my tongue and the warm water lol i dont know but its really weird.

Anyone had any really strange cravings?
Ive craved ice cubes with both pregnancies which ive heard of but the other day in the shower i really craved..... the shower water!!
Very weird and now i want it more lol i think its more so to do with the sprinkling on my tongue and the warm water lol i dont know but its really weird.

LOL that is really weird! I keep hoping for a small craving of some sort, but nothing for me sad apart from a cheese sandwich it's pretty much the same.
Thats not weird....I had a friend who craved STONES!!!! yep regular stones from the garden/driveway, she just had to, not exactly eat them, but chew on them.
only thing i craved was sushi smile vege ov corse so i didnt get sick
stones!!! oh my gosh... in high school a lady came to talk to us about pregnancy and told us she craved dirt from the garden !!

i definatly haven't had anything as wierd as that but yesterday all i wanted to eat was salami & i HATE salami normally and can't even stand the sight of it !! so it was odd that's what i wanted to eat

there is actually a medical term for craving strange things - Pica i believe its called. i have heard of people wanting to eat chalk, dirt, soap, laundry detergent...hasn't happened to me though blink

hi there,

for my first pregnancy i craved garlic bread ( a certain type) for four days straight then it stopped. I also had a mcdonalds cheeseburger once a day at least (expensive habit) also craved mangoe, strawberries.

This pregnancy no cravings yet just one aversion to garlic, couldnt even stand smelling it.

Lottie
All through my pregnancy I was waiting for weird cravings to happen but it never did. I just craved large quantities of food all the time. Might be why I ended up putting on nearly 30 kg......... sad
I also crave shower water too!! Its only just started with this pregnancy but i also had it with my DD. It started with just shower water but then a few weeks later everytime i was at the sink, i just HAD to have some warm water from the tap too. I tried having warm water from the kettle but it wasnt right - it had to come from the bathroom sink or shower.

I also absolutely loved the smell of soap, would smell the clothes as I hung them on the clothesline and would also even stand next to the dishwasher as it was going just to smell it. I was worried i would start wanting to eat soap.. haha. But didnt happen.

Sign in to follow this topic