Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Weaning first child now that I am pregnant again.

Weaning first child now that I am pregnant again. Rss

Hi All,
I'm not quiet sure this subject belongs here but I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas.

I have an almost 2 year old that loves booby and really has no interest in giving it up, not now, not ever. I have tried a couple of times but some how either through me missing the closeness that it gave us or me having a bad day and just to keep her happy gave it back to her, I have not yet weaned her. But now it is time for me because I am now 8 weeks pregnant and my boobs hurt everytime she latches on and I feel as if I have done a great job breastfeeding her for so long.
Here is the question, anyone out there that has been through this, can you please give me any suggestions to how you went about it and what you found worked the best for you all. This would be off great help. I am hoping to have her totally weaned by the time I am three months pregnant.
Thank you for listening and helping me if you can,
Belinda.

Hi Belinda,

I haven't experienced this but try ringing trescillian/karitane (these are two in my local area- western sydney) as they are great with things like this and will help up until the child is 3.

When I went into trescillian when my DD was 4 months there was a little boy being weaned off the breast (he was 2 1/2 yo) and they were great.

I'm not sure what state you live in but try ringing your CHN to see if you have a 24 hour parenting helpine.

I think it will probably be emotionally draining for both of you but will be worth it in the end.

I did a day stay (from 9am i think until about 4pm) and then went in for 5 days for extensive 24 hour round the clock help.

Good luck
Jo

Jo, DD 7yrs dance addict; little man 13 months

Hi Belinda

Just thought of sharing my story.
I fell pregnant when my 1st was 8 months old. I thought I would have a heap of trouble getting her off the boobie as she loved it and didnt like formular at all. I tried for a while and then stopped. Then I tried cows milk, she rejected that also even though she would have it on her brekky every morning.
I was soo worried cause I just wanted a break before the new bub arrived.
Just after she turned 1 she rejected me all of a sudden and never went back. I was so surprised, it really shocked me cause I thought I had no chance of weaning her.

They are all different. I suppose you just have to try different things. I was just lucky I think.
Good luck I hope it works out for you also

Sonia

Sonia QLD Mikayla 8.10.04 & edd 1.05.06

Sign in to follow this topic