Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. spotting in early pregnancy without pain

spotting in early pregnancy without pain Lock Rss

Hi I am 9 weeks pregnant with my second baby. In my first pregnancy I had light spotting caramel colour between 4-6 weeks and a once off pinkish discharge when i wiped, with no pain. After 6 weeks this all stopped and i went on to have a healthy baby boy. During this pregnancy, I have had no spotting until 8 1/2 weeks when my period was about due, i have been having clear mucus with red or sometimes pink streaks through it. I have no pain and only discover it on wiping. Have had no actual bleeding like any sort of period. Im assuming it's coming from the cervix as it is mucus forming the plug? I wanted to know if anyone else experienced this? I have an ultrasound in a week and a appt with my obgyn so we'll keep fingers crossed. Can anyone tell me what they experienced if they have had an actual miscarriage?
Hi hun,
I had a miscarriage a few yrs ago when I was about 8 weeks along, and it started off with light bleeding (bright red blood and no pain)for a few days and then the bleeding got heavier and I started cramping alot. Unfortunately when you bleed early in pregnancy it turns into a waiting game... Good luck
i had this when i was pregnant for the first at least 3 months of pregnancy i bleed when i should of had my periods i went to the doctors and she just told me it was some of the membranes getting through or something like that not a big deal what so ever apparently like 10 percent of women bleed when there pregnant so i just felt special lol. but if u havent i would just check with ur doctor

i had this when i was pregnant for the first at least 3 months of pregnancy i bleed when i should of had my periods i went to the doctors and she just told me it was some of the membranes getting through or something like that not a big deal what so ever apparently like 10 percent of women bleed when there pregnant so i just felt special lol. but if u havent i would just check with ur doctor

Thanks for the reply. How long did the bleeding last for? Mine has lasted 4 days so far, it's now pink/red stained mucous, not actual blood, still no cramps or pain and just on wiping, nothing on my underwear. Im going to call my doc tomorrow, i just figured what was the point till now because she cant do much to stop what may or may not happen. I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks just to check my dates and the bub had a normal heartbeat so hopefully im just experiencing what u did
Hi, I have had 2 miscarriages in the last 2 years. It strated with a really light bleed ( like the last couple days of your period)...there wasnt any really bad cramps until a few days later, the bleeding got heavier with clots. I had fevers, sweating in the night waking up and it was like someone tipped a bucket of water over my body. I couldnt eat or even get out of bed!When I went to the hospital at about 8 weeks I had an internal scan and the baby was still there with the heart beating and everything, but a couple of days later the bleeding got worse and we lost the baby. This was a really bad miscarriage and only happened with the first one. With the second one was alot different, I had really light bleeding kinda like a brown colour, for 2 or 3 days then it started to turn bright red only then did I start having small cramps (not as bad as period pain), and alot of clots aswell. The bleeding all up lasted longer than a period with the cramping the whole time..even after the bleeding stopped!NOTE: If you bleed and pass clots this is NOT a good sign! I do have a baby girl who is 14months old. I had her after my first miscarriage and before my second. Go to the docs if you are really worried, a friend of mine was bleeding around this stage aswell, the docs told her go on bed rest for 2 weeks and she is now 5 months pregnant. Her baby is growing well and very healthy!

Good Luck!

It's normal to have the light bleeding at around the 4 week mark, as this is when the embryo is implanting itself into the lining of the uterus. I also had some light bleeding around week 11 (I think); it was enough to stain my nickers but not as heavy as a period, with no pain. It lasted for 4 days or so. I went to the doctors, just to be sure, and I had an ultrasound scan, and everything appeared to be normal. The bleeding stopped, and the pregnancy has progressed as normal. Hopefully, everything is ok, but you just have to wait and see, and try not to stress too much about it. Go have a scan if you're worried. Hope this helps.
Hi there, I spotted right throughout my whole first pregnancy - particularly after sex... After speaking with my midwife I was told that this can be normal for some people and that unless its accompanied with pain then there is probably nothing to worry about. Probably a good idea to speak to your LMC for your own peace of mind though. Good Luck!!!
Called my doc yesterday after I had a drop of red blood on the toilet paper. Went for a scan and the baby has died. I still have no pain and very light bleeding. I'm going in for a curette tomorrow. I'm a bit scared but I know it will b less painful than waiting to miscarry on my own. I just don't want to c anything that will make this more upsetting. I hope I can give my son a sibling soon. It will break my heart for him to grow up alone. He will b 2 yrs old in september. I'm grateful I have him to help me see that I will get through this and try again in a couple months

Called my doc yesterday after I had a drop of red blood on the toilet paper. Went for a scan and the baby has died. I still have no pain and very light bleeding. I'm going in for a curette tomorrow. I'm a bit scared but I know it will b less painful than waiting to miscarry on my own. I just don't want to c anything that will make this more upsetting. I hope I can give my son a sibling soon. It will break my heart for him to grow up alone. He will b 2 yrs old in september. I'm grateful I have him to help me see that I will get through this and try again in a couple months

I am sorry to hear of your loss, i hope things look up for u soon, I hope u get that bfp soon also... xoxox

Sign in to follow this topic