Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

How soon did you show..... Lock Rss

I'm just curious - I've put on 3kgs already (I'm 8weeks) coz nothing stops the nausea except eating constantly sad, but I don't think it's fat that's showing around my belly. I can't suck it in, or stretch it out & it's all localised right at the front.......I'm not quite in maternity clothes yet, but I certainly feel the need to unbutton my jeans at the end of the day!! So when did you start to show for your second bub??

Firstly congrats on bub no 2.

I am currently 23 weeks preggars with no 2 and I couldnt do up my work pants from about 7 or 8 weeks so it could be bub! I could see my belly starting to pop from around 6 or 7 weeks though.

I'm just curious - I've put on 3kgs already (I'm 8weeks) coz nothing stops the nausea except eating constantly sad, but I don't think it's fat that's showing around my belly. I can't suck it in, or stretch it out & it's all localised right at the front.......I'm not quite in maternity clothes yet, but I certainly feel the need to unbutton my jeans at the end of the day!! So when did you start to show for your second bub??

Your uterus is about the size of a grapefruit and still below your pubic bone at 8 weeks, so your tummy thickening is due to bloating and all your insides that are normally down behind your pubic bone moving upwards.

With my 2nd I didnt really start to show till around 15weeks (nobody said anything till 18 weeks though), with my 3rd pregnancy (twin boys) I was showing by 12 weeks and with this pregnancy I am just starting to show now, my dr said i will show quicker this pregnancy because i only had the twins in february and that my uterus will expand quicker, it is already just above my pubic bone.

congratulations on the pregnancy by the way smile

Hamish & Harrison "together forever"

I started showing veery early with this bub. I was pregnant at xmas.. I was 5 weeks and 2 days on xmas day and had family asking me if i was pregnant.. i am normally a slim person so any weight i put on dosent go unnoticed.. It didnt look like extra fat though was a poking out pot belly. I was in all maternity clothes by about 9 or 10 weeks.. i am pretty big in the tum now but am just still pretty much on average with all my measurements smile

My first Pregnancy i was totally sick with morning sickness for the first 12 weeks so i didnt really show because i was loosing weight more than i gained but 15 weeks you can see the little BUMP

With my second i was showing about 21 weeks, well prob showing before but i just looked a little Over weight, But then with Him i lost weight right near the end, i nested really bad, i cleaned everything you can think of
im preggers with my third bub but seond pregnancy! i think i started showing at round 19 weeks maybe but i have low fluid so i wont get as big!
Great thread. i was wondering the same things.... This is my 2nd bub also and i am 7 weeks now and i seem to be a little bigger now than what i was 7 weeks ago... no weight gain but around belly area... I tell people that i think i am starting to show and they kinda laugh at me!!!! sad

But i honeslty cant suck it in!!!!!
I popped out when I was 8 weeks with baby number 2, by the time I was 12 weeks I was in Maternity clothes! By 20 weeks I looked about 38 weeks!!

I didn't show for ages with my DS and was really bloated up until 7wks with DD and showing for sure at 10wks smile

I didn't show for ages with my DS and was really bloated up until 7wks with DD and showing for sure at 10wks smile

i have started to show also... i didnt believe it at first but when a few people say it to me then i have to think something is going on lol.... =)
with my dd i started to show at around 16 wks...

First of all Congratulations on the pregnancies ladies!! Im 17 weeks now and i am ginormous! i started showing at 8 weeks, Everyone says you show sooner with baby no2 and you feel movement alot sooner to, It all depends on your shape size, and if you had any "pre pregnancy tummy blubber" which i did lol
Enjoy your growing bellies xxx
Hey everyone

This is my third pregnancy and am starting to show at 8 weeks,,. My partner and I noticed i had popped out a bit a few weeks ago.. weight fluctuates a little about 1.5 - 2 but drops again..
with my first I didnt show for about 12 weeks at least but I was alot larger build then..
with my second I was showing straight away.. was crazy.. my jeans no longer fit me after 5 weeks.. and I hadnt gained weight at all at that stage..

I think the more pregnancies you have the quicker you show.. maybe everything has been stretched so its easier for it to puff.. if that makes any sence..

good luck to all the mummy's to be.. xo

Mother to 2 beautiful kids.

Sign in to follow this topic