Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Pelvic Pain Lock Rss

Hi everyone im 32 weeks pregnant and getting sharp pains in my low abdominal pain and my pelvic is very sore im not worried just wondering if anyone else has or is suffering from this i never had it wth my first child. thank you tamara
Also anyone getting alot of BH (tightning) i get them everytime i get up or sit down or when im walking. Thanks again Tamara
I'm not too sure about the abdominal pain (maybe your ab muscles have started to seperate?) but sharp pelvic pain can be a sign of a condition called Pelvic Instability which I only got with my 2nd as well. Please mention it to your mw/ob just in case.

Hi Tamara,

I'm having the same problems and have had them pretty much since the beginning of pregnancy (now 25 weeks), like you I didn't have this type of pain with my previous pregnancies (this is my 3rd), please let me know how you go and I'll do the same when I talk to my midwife again.
I had spoken to her a few weeks ago as the pain was so bad I could not stand and they suggested a warm bath and some paracetamol, another suggestion was early labour but I'm still here so that wasn't it.
My doc. suggested ligament stretching? don't know??

Any way hope all goes well and let me know what your Mid/W says smile

Thanks
i have had really bad pelvic pain my entire pregnancy, it's really hard to walk just after standing and moving in bed is very painful.

i mentioned it to the dr at the hospital, i had read about it a bit on the net and a lot of the articles mentioned i should say something about it, but he was very meh about it.

ive learnt to live with it now though.
It sounds like a condition called Symphasis Pubis Dysfunction which is a painful condition caused by the pregnancy hormones softening the ligaments supporting the pelvis a bit too much. It does go away after the birth. I would see your doctor about it. I had it with my last pregnancy and needed physio as walking and getting up and also moving around in bed was very painful.

It may not be this but its worth getting checked. Good luck smile
[quote name='reneexsn' date='27 June 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1277616806' post='2735760'] i have had really bad pelvic pain my entire pregnancy, it's really hard to walk just after standing and moving in bed is very painful. i mentioned it to the dr at the hospital, i had read about it a bit on the net and a lot of the articles mentioned i should say something about it, but he was very meh about it. ive learnt to live with it now though. [/quotspeak to him about pelvic instability.i had it it is mainly the pelvic bones and back.it is very painfull.he will get you to see a physio and to get you to use a belly band to hold in and keep that area inline.in bad cases a wa;king stick as well.once the baby is born it goes.good luck.
Sign in to follow this topic