Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

UTI??? Help please! Rss

Hi Ladies,
i am 12 weeks pregnant, and have noticed my urine is cloudy. I noticed it a few weeks ago, but didnt think any more of it, untill i noticed again lastnight.
I dont have any other symptoms of a uti...no constant urge to pee....no discomfort or anything else, just cloudy wee unsure
I have made an appointment with my GP for tomorrow arvo ( earliest i can get in ) But im worried now, if i do have a uti...and its been going on for a few weeks, could it have harmed my baby?
Or could it be anything else? If it has been going on for a few weeks, surely i would be in some kind of pain or discomfort by now?
Thanks for any replies grin

Hi Ladies,
i am 12 weeks pregnant, and have noticed my urine is cloudy. I noticed it a few weeks ago, but didnt think any more of it, untill i noticed again lastnight.
I dont have any other symptoms of a uti...no constant urge to pee....no discomfort or anything else, just cloudy wee unsure
I have made an appointment with my GP for tomorrow arvo ( earliest i can get in ) But im worried now, if i do have a uti...and its been going on for a few weeks, could it have harmed my baby?
Or could it be anything else? If it has been going on for a few weeks, surely i would be in some kind of pain or discomfort by now?
Thanks for any replies grin

Hi,

Try not worry. I had no signs at all of a UTI and dr rang me after a routine check about 30 wks to say that the sample had came back positive for a UTI (I didn't even realise he was testing!)

I had to take a course of anti biotics and was fine - never got any symptoms and bub was born healthy and well and is now a happy healthy 1 yr old!

It does worry u but try not stress - that is worse for bub and mum!

all the best.
This is very common during pregancy. Dont worry.
Don't worry, UTI's are very common during pregnancy and if it is its easy to fix with antibiotics and it won't harm bubs, it has a risk of harming you though if left untreated.
you do quite often not get any other symptoms when you have a UTI while pregnant unless they spread to your kidneys (if left untreated) and im sure you'ld know if it had got that far.
It could also just be cloudy due to an increase in vaginal discharge cause by pregnancy hormones.
Still best to be safe and have it checked.
Sign in to follow this topic