Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Placenta, low and front questions

Placenta, low and front questions Lock Rss

So I'm 22 weeks with my second child, I have told that I have The placenta at the front and low. Has this happened to anyone else? what were the issues and outcomes?

I find the baby very low and still making me need to pee all the time, I'm just a bit worried about having early labour and or C section.

Please share your experiences!

Laura, SA , Daughter 2.8 yr old!

My 3rd child i had this, but i was booked for cesar anyways, but it didnt cause me any problems, they were just awhere of it. Im pregnant with 4th child now and have the same thing...All the best (im 26wks)

My 3rd child i had this, but i was booked for cesar anyways, but it didnt cause me any problems, they were just awhere of it. Im pregnant with 4th child now and have the same thing...All the best (im 26wks)

Does it feel weird as the baby is just so low! do you have that?

i had that with my 2nd and by the time i had him it had moved so it was ok, but i was also booked for a c section

Kaleb almost 7, and Zayne 3. and 4 weeks with numb

I had that with DS2, I think he liked cuddling it too much cause every scan I had he was snuggled up in it. It was very cute.

I had a scan at 32wks and it had moved which is typical.

My sisters SIL had the same thing, but she didn't get the scan at 32w cause the hospital assumed it would move, but it didn't and she nearly bled to death. She ended up in ICU for the first 5 days of her baby's life.

If they haven't organised a scan for around 32wk, push for it. If it hasn't moved, they'll organise for you to have a c-section.
hi,

I had the placenta completely covering the cervix right to the end of my pregnancy. (placenta preavia) I was scared as anything (read all these horror stories of bleeding thruout preg and people saying they had weeks of hospital stay and most dont go to term etc) but I had a great OB and it all turned out well. so make sure you look after yourself and do everything OB says and be careful with what you do and that will give you the best outcome. Most of these move before the end so you may not have an issue later on.

OB told me no lifting, pretty much no exercise and definately no sex ! I was very careful and ended up with no bleeds during the pregnancy.

this was only picked up at 30 wks becuase my baby was measuring so small (not sure if this had anything to do with placenta) and OB sent me for scans every 2-3 weeks till the end of the pregnancy. they usually do the internal scan to be able to check position of placenta (yuk!) .

If Placenta does not move enough for the OB (he wanted at least 5cms each side for VB) then c section will be done and I wasnt allowed to go into labour as I'd hemorrage and placenta would come out first. so had c section at just under 38 weeks. there is a high risk of bleeding when they tale placenta out so they have blood transfusions on hand. I think the c section was longer than normal as I was in there about 1.5 hours? im not sure how long they normally take but it seemed forever ! baby was fine too.

oh and because of position of placenta c section was done about 1cm higher i was told. however it still very low scar
Yeah my Dr is good and said he will do a scan in his rooms at 32 weeks to see what is happening. He did say that they normally move out the way.
I know my Dr will do all that needs to be done, he is really good.

I had that with DS2, I think he liked cuddling it too much cause every scan I had he was snuggled up in it. It was very cute.

I had a scan at 32wks and it had moved which is typical.

My sisters SIL had the same thing, but she didn't get the scan at 32w cause the hospital assumed it would move, but it didn't and she nearly bled to death. She ended up in ICU for the first 5 days of her baby's life.

If they haven't organised a scan for around 32wk, push for it. If it hasn't moved, they'll organise for you to have a c-section.

I was told the same when I was about 18 weeks, that I had a low-lying placenta. No concerns at the moment as I'm now almost 30 weeks pregnant and they want me to have another scan at 32 weeks to see if it has risen so until I find out the out come I'm not to concerned and my OB doesn't seem concerned either.

But he does feel low to me still and seem to be running to the loo so much more often than usual, and most the time not actually having to go.

Good Luck
Sign in to follow this topic