Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Tips for sleeping when pregnant

Tips for sleeping when pregnant Lock Rss

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyones got any tips for sleeping during pregnancy?
Ive gotten to the point where I get so uncomfortable at night I wake up like 4-5 times a night.
I fall asleep on my side and dont find this a problem, however for some reason while Im asleep I turn on my stomach because Ive always slept this way. But now Im waking up from my tummy and my muscles are soooo sore in my stomach and when I try to turn on my side its soo painful! Argh on top of all of this Im worried I might be hurting my baby.
Ive got a long body pillow which I have been using, and im also using a normal pillow and put that behind me like against my back. But none of this seems to be working sad

My tip - sleep while you can! ;p

I used to sleep on my side with a normal pillow between my knees. Not sure why this helped, but it did. Sometimes I would also put a pillow under my stomach while on my side - this was when I was really big.
Hey,

I'm about 18 weeks, and I've been finding the same difficulty sleeping. I will fall asleep on my side and am guaranteed to wake up on my tummy. I've always been a tummy sleeper, and I've been waking up several times a night. Sleeping on my back really hurts too.

I've found the best way to sleep is by having a pillow between me and my hubby (and sort of lean on him) and having my pillow in front of my so I don't roll onto my tummy.

I'm sure as I get larger I'm going to have to find a more suitable way to sleep, but this works for us at the moment.

Hope you have better luck than I do.
Grrr glad I am not alone in my suffering. I am 22wks pregnant and can't sleep through the night. My hips, back and shoulders are aching from sleeping on my sides. We have a great mattress too, and it's only 2 yrs old. I've tried the pillow between my knees and one on either side of me.

Is it true you're meant to avoid sleeping on your back?
im at 27 weeks and for the last 2 weeks i have been having so much trouble sleeping and if i lay wrong my belly hurts. but i have found if i prop myself up a bit (two pillows) i sleep a little bit better.

Kaleb almost 7, and Zayne 3. and 4 weeks with numb

Im at 32 weeks and I cant sleep either, apparently it is normal, but I can remember it ever being this frustrating! Id try anything you can, pillows, heat, cooling, baths, warm milk, having the bed to yourself...

Good luck and if you find anything that works let me know...
Ive got a body pillow from kmart.. dooes the trick for me.. I still wake up lots to go to the loo, but if i wrap the pillow around me i usually stay on it until i wake up...
Hi there. I made it to 33 weeks with twins and was soooo uncomfortable towards the end. I found it hard to breathe either on my side or back so spend the last 3 to 4 weeks sleeping upright in our recliner with pillows around my tummmy. One thing that did help for a while was the eggshell underlay's that Jaazz mentioned and someone also suggested sleeping in a big bean bag as it would also support your tummy.
At the end of the day i think it is just another thing we have to go through before we get our prescious bubs - practice for no sleep when they come maybe smile.
Good luck and i hope you find something that works for you
claire
Thanks guys for all your tips and advice.

I actually slept pretty well last night. I used my big long body pillow and put it between my legs and kind of bear hugged it. It seemed to work because I only woke up a few times to go to the loo.

Happy sleeps for everyone! xx

Sign in to follow this topic