Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

41 weeks pregnant. Lock Rss

Hi there, I just want to find out if anyone else had gone trough this.
I am almost 41 weeks pregnant and baby just dont want to come, my midwife did an internal examination and she said that my cervix is completly thin and soft, and that it is strange that I havent gone into labour jet. I had my show, I've been getting random cramps and baby is 2/5 engaged and I am 4 cm dialated.
Please tell me if you went through this aswell and how long did you go over?

I am almost 41 weeks pregnant and baby just dont want to come, my midwife did an internal examination and she said that my cervix is completly thin and soft, and that it is strange that I havent gone into labour jet. I had my show, I've been getting random cramps and baby is 2/5 engaged. Please tell me if you went through this aswell and how long did you go over?

Hi
My baby was 'overdue' by 6 days. in my opinion, baby will come when baby is ready. Everything to do with getting pregnant, having babies and raising babies is not an exact science and babies will do what they want when they want and theres nothing we can do about it.
On the day i went into labour, i have an appointment that morning and the midwife booked my in for an induction. I think it might have scared me into labour smile
You can try all the things people say helped them into labour ie. walking, sex etc but personally i think its jut a coincidence that they did those things and then went into labour.
Good luck and keep calm.

I am almost 41 weeks pregnant and baby just dont want to come, my midwife did an internal examination and she said that my cervix is completly thin and soft, and that it is strange that I havent gone into labour jet. I had my show, I've been getting random cramps and baby is 2/5 engaged and I am 4 cm dialated.
Please tell me if you went through this aswell and how long did you go over?

I would say your closer then you think and since your already 4cm dialated bubs would be more then 2/5 engaged. The cramps are all a good sign and bubs shouldn't be far away. There are some things you can do, you can try taking evening primrose oil to start your uterus contractioning (I would recommend starting on one and slowely building up the dose, rather then taking the full dose straight away), you pharmacy can advise you on the doses. Sex is really good for getting labour underway as seman contains a hormone very simular to what the baby produces when there ready to be born. Walking and squatting and sitting on exercise balls. What ever you do do not take caster oil it can cause alot of problems.
My first bub was 10 days late. I went into the hospital to be induced when bub was 7 days late. I had an internal exam on the due date, i'm pretty sure that the said it was soft...but then again i just asked DH and he said geez babe that was nearly 3 years ago.lol. but yeah i didn't like being induced so i hope bub comes naturally for you, good luck with everything

I went 8 days overdue with my first bub. Its perfectly normal to not go on time and go over. They will normally let you go 2 weeks overdue before they induce you but I'm sure bubs will come when they are ready. sounds like its not far away at all and the cramps are a good sign. Fingers crossed you are just going to have a really easy labour smile
Hi there!

I went to 42 weeks with my first and was induced at 13 days over and then i was only 1cm dialated. Baby was fully engaged for weeks too!

I hope it happens for you real soon, being overdue is the worst!

Good luck!
Hi! I know how you feel!
My DS is 10 days old. he arrived at 40 weeks and 5 days -it was my longest pregnancy -I was starting to think he was never going to come out!!! I tried so much -long walks, spicy food, sex, rest/sleep, tablets from a health shop, I drunk raspberry tea. The last week of my pregnancy I got lots of crampy pains at night - but when woke in the morning they were gone.
I had my baby the day before I had an appointment with my midwife to have an internal examination.
All I can suggest is to try and get lots of rest - I know its hard and very uncomfortable, but it sounds like your baby will be with you very soon!
Good luck!!
I was in a similar situation to you. I had 4 stretch and sweeps when I was 41 weeks (I was booked into a birth centre and if I got to 42 I wasn't allowed to give birth there anymore) which did not much......

We tried everything natural under the sun but nothing worked. I ended up being induced at 42 + 4 and had DD at 42+ 6.

She really didn't want to budge. People often are shocked at how overdue she was but I was monitored every 2nd day, had midwives on call and DD was never in distress so I didn't see any reason to jump the gun and force her out until the last minute.

I'm glad I didn't go any longer though, she was 9 pound 11 and when I delivered the placenta the cord broke away so I'm guessing it was close to it's use by date.

Good luck with everything! Try not to stress, the baby will come out one way or another!!
Hey Hun, I was 40 weeks and 9 days when I went to labour with my first bub. I had been booked in for an induction on the Monday but I went into labour naturally on the Saturday. Being overdue is a killer! Just think though, they won't let you go past 2 weeks over. Good luck
Hi there guys
Thank you so much for all the advice and sharing your stories
it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one going through this, I was getting so emotional everyday that went by, thinking this would be the day. I would cry if the day was over and no baby grin
hi sweetie hang in there, it will happen soon.
my DD was born at exatly 41 weeks (27/12/07) i had all my inlaws sleeping in my lounge father in law mother in law, sister in law, brother in law and his girlfriend.

I understand how upsetting it can be DH worked from home for the last week so he didn't have to leave me alone.

as hard as it is try to relax. it will happen soon just think by the 10/9/2010 you will be holding your little bundle.

(((((((labor vibes to you)))))))

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

Sign in to follow this topic