Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

13 weeks too early? Lock Rss

Hey everyone,

Just wondering how early you can find out the baby's sex? Thinking of booking in for a 3D scan @ 13 weeks to find out. I've heard you can pick up the sex much clearer than with a regular ultrasound machine...
If you google images of US you'll see that they are sooooo similar! Most OBs won't even look at gender until 16 weeks - there's too much room for error until then. You may even find that they won't do a gender test that early, even at a 3D scan. Let's just say I wouldn't be rushing out buying clothes for whatever sex they say smile You're better off waiting 3 weeks & getting it done then smile So hard to wait though!!

Yeah you're right hun, just SOOOOO eager to find out smile

Yeah you're right hun, just SOOOOO eager to find out smile

I was too!! I've still got 5 days to go!!!!!!! The sonographer told us at the 12 week scan what she believed it was, which is what made me look up some of my own images & talk to some doctors at work (I'm a nurse). The images honestly look almost exactly the same & the doctors at work were horrified she even looked, let alone told me!! Guess I'll find out on Monday if she was accurate or not though! I feel your pain about the wait though!! LOL

I was too!! I've still got 5 days to go!!!!!!! The sonographer told us at the 12 week scan what she believed it was, which is what made me look up some of my own images & talk to some doctors at work (I'm a nurse). The images honestly look almost exactly the same & the doctors at work were horrified she even looked, let alone told me!! Guess I'll find out on Monday if she was accurate or not though! I feel your pain about the wait though!! LOL

Aw, 5 days isn't long to wait- i've got 4 weeks and 6 days to wait lol. Good luck and all the best for a healthy and happy rest of your pregnancy smile

Aw, 5 days isn't long to wait- i've got 4 weeks and 6 days to wait lol. Good luck and all the best for a healthy and happy rest of your pregnancy smile

I know, I shouldn't complain! It's dragging though!! wink You too!!

Hey everyone,

Just wondering how early you can find out the baby's sex? Thinking of booking in for a 3D scan @ 13 weeks to find out. I've heard you can pick up the sex much clearer than with a regular ultrasound machine...

They won't be able to acurately tell you what sex bubs is until 18-20 weeks as they all look like girls until there testies descend which is no earlier then 16 weeks. If you go to www.baby2see.com it tells you about this on the week by week guide. My midwife told me to aim for booking the scan I found out the sex at(18-20 week scan) around 19 weeks to be safe, as some boys descend late.

They won't be able to acurately tell you what sex bubs is until 18-20 weeks as they all look like girls until there testies descend which is no earlier then 16 weeks. If you go to www.baby2see.com it tells you about this on the week by week guide. My midwife told me to aim for booking the scan I found out the sex at(18-20 week scan) around 19 weeks to be safe, as some boys descend late.

That is not entirely true i had my scan at 15 wks 3d and was giving a sex there and then straight away! She seen the balls and the willy... And at my 20 wk scan it was even bigger! =D Luck waiting love i had the same thing i wanted to know coz we didnt find out with dd i wanted to this time! =D

If you're really desperate you could try intelligender smile It's a little dear but it's 90% accurate.. works from 8 weeks.

I too say wait until at least 16 weeks as if you google the images (a friend and I did after her 13 week 3D scan) they are identical you couldnt pick them!! But her baby was what we thought, i just think thats coincedence though!
i just read this have a look it might help?
http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2009/06/03/nub-theory-baby-gender-prediction-at-12-weeks/

with my 1st at 19 weeks i was told most likely a boy but she wasn't sure as the legs were closed.i had another one at 24 weeks and it was a girl for sure.i had a coffee before i went in and it made her jump around.i have a coffee before i go in now so the baby is awake and moving.
Sign in to follow this topic