Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. People who didn't put on much weight during pregnancy

People who didn't put on much weight during pregnancy Rss

did you have small babies? I know weight generally as nothing to do with it but Im hoping. Im 5mths pregnnat and have only put on 1kilo. I put on 22kgs forst time and had a 9pound 3 baby so what are my chances?
I put on next to nothing with DS2 and he was just over 9pounds and I put on a crap load of weight with DS1 and he was about the same. Not much help was I lol

Put on EXACTLY 6kg with both and DS1 was 8lb 11oz and DS2 9lb 5oz blink

I put on about 10kgs and she was just under 3kgs... Does that help? probably not.. laugh
I put on heaps during both pregnancies and have had average - big babies for gestation both times even though my children are very small once they get past the newborn stage.
Damn this is not what I wanted to hear :'( I know the dr wont let me have such a big bub again but I was hoping it would naturally happen

did you have small babies? I know weight generally as nothing to do with it but Im hoping. Im 5mths pregnnat and have only put on 1kilo. I put on 22kgs forst time and had a 9pound 3 baby so what are my chances?

lol, sorry nope. I don't think it works like that grin At the end of pregnancy i'd put on 4 kgs, DS was 3.5kg (7lb 11oz) Basically just means YOU'RE losing weight, as baby is putting it on, if that makes sense..
Hiya
I put on 19 kilos with my son he was 9 pound 6 born.
But I didn't put on much weight with my daughter and she was 2 weeks overdue and weighed 6pounds 5ounces born.
All pregnancies are different, u will be fine smile

I put on 7 kg and she was 3.3 kg (7lb 4)
I put on 12kg with DS and he was 7lb 11oz
I lost about 20kgs or thereabouts with DD1 and DS and lost maybe 10 with DD2...
They were 7lb 14, 7lb 15 and 8lb 13..

I think babies are kind of genetically coded to be a certain size IYKWIM? lol

Good luck!

nope, doesn't give you any indication unfortuately. I put on around 20kgs with DD1 and she was 5 pound 2, DD2 was around 15kg and she was 8 pound 6 and this bub I put on 6kg, and have lost 2 kg and well.. still waiting to find out what she's going to be!
Sign in to follow this topic