Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. So sick of people venting their opinions!!

So sick of people venting their opinions!! Lock Rss

Ugh - just a vent! Soooo sick of people telling me how huge I am - I'm 24weeks. I seem to carry bigger than some people & although I'm eating healthier than I did my last pregnancy, I'm still putting on weight. 11kgs so far sad I'm reasonably ok with that - not a lot I can do about it, but seriously people - you don't comment on a bigger person, why comment just coz I'm pregnant!! Grrrr angry
Then I get comments on my son - "is he small for his age? I don't mean it rude, but he's very tiny." Well, if you don't mean to be rude, just don't bloody say anything!! So what if he's not tall!! He's perfect just the way he is! Seriously people - keep your mouth shut!! angry

Think I'm a bit sensitive today wink LOL

Just a tad for you unsure . Everyone told me I was huge at the start of my pregnancy as I started showing early then everyone told me I was small at the end I couldn't win angry

I think people (women generally) get a bit excited by a baby bump and can't help but comment. I think sometimes its envy.
I know I have commented many times to my friends 'look at you, you've gotten so big!' but I am commenting on the baby bump not their weight and I do mean it in an excited, cant wait for the baby to get here, kind of way. I can see how that can be taken badly though, I didnt mind it when people said it to me, I felt pregnancy was the time to be big and say stuff it, I have an excuse smile
Oh i hear you, kind of anyway. Pre preg i was 57kg im now 67kg at 28weeks. SIL is massive lets say obesse.. But every time she sees me she has to comment on how much iv popped since the last time i saw her.. she really makes a big deal out of it. Im 28 weeks and just tummy, i havent put on weight anywhere else.. but she really goes on and on like its making her feel better about her figure lykwim. I honestly feel like turning around and saying im pregnant whats your excuse! She really has a dig.
As for DS he is 2 1/4 but so so tall for his age and he looks alot older.. god we get all sorts when people ask his age..especially when he was a little youger than what he was now.. with speach and things. some people really dont think before they open their mouths lol

Oh i hear you, kind of anyway. Pre preg i was 57kg im now 67kg at 28weeks. SIL is massive lets say obesse.. But every time she sees me she has to comment on how much iv popped since the last time i saw her.. she really makes a big deal out of it. Im 28 weeks and just tummy, i havent put on weight anywhere else.. but she really goes on and on like its making her feel better about her figure lykwim. I honestly feel like turning around and saying im pregnant whats your excuse! She really has a dig.
As for DS he is 2 1/4 but so so tall for his age and he looks alot older.. god we get all sorts when people ask his age..especially when he was a little youger than what he was now.. with speach and things. some people really dont think before they open their mouths lol

bit off OPs topic, but i was same starting weight as you and am now 68kg at 33 weeks, all belly too!
I think having a smaller frame people get a bit shocked when they see the massive belly hahah!!
Im not bothered by 'huge' comments, i know im healthy so i just laught it off.. can be annoying at times, but i know when i seen my preg frineds i used to say the same thing to them, not meaning they're fat but that their belly is big..
OMG let me make you feel better - I am 22 weeks and 5 days (I think) and i have put on 15kgs already! i am a really fit person who works out a lot and usually keep myself slim (im normally 58kgs) and i dont eat junk food at all, only healthy food and good fats but hey, when i get pregnant i put on weight! It happens! i have already put on the same amount of weight i put on in total with my first pregnancy but not much i can do about it - i eat well, i still excercise and go to the gym, nothing has changed but im bigger this time - i still have no doubts that once i have bubs i will return to normal. So tell people to get stuffed I say! Everyone keeps telling me how big im getting this time too - its annoying but stuff em, its not forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh and p.s. my daughter is like 17months old and still sometimes wears a size 0 whereas her friends are in up to a size 2 - shes just little and people always comment but she is healthy and eats well, she is just short-ish (like myself and her father) - this also gets annoying when people comment all the time but once again i say ignore them - people say things without realising they can be hurtfull sometimes I think!
I know how you feel! I had the opposite problem though, I had people asking me if I was sure I was however many weeks I was at the time, my belly was quite little. People would say "Oh, you're so small!" which made me feel like I wasn't eating enough or doing the right thing for my baby. It's so frustrating because it seems that pregnancy is an excuse for people to lose all tact and say whatever comes into their head! Plus all the uninvited tummy rubbing and "advice" they give you (which is really their way of saying you're doing something wrong) GRRRRR!!! angry

I have a friend who is about 5'5" and was a size 8 before she got pregnant and put on 32kgs! But all the women in her family get huge when pregnant, it's just the way it is.

I also have the opp prob with my DS (he's 2 and a half), he's really tall and looks about 3 and a half, but people look at him funny when they see he's still in nappies and his speech isn't great coz they think he should be more advanced than he is! At least your DS can surprise everyone with how advanced and clever he is!

Just try and ignore them, it's your body and your baby and you know that you are doing the right thing and that's all that matters. Hope your day gets better! grin

Ugh - just a vent! Soooo sick of people telling me how huge I am - I'm 24weeks. I seem to carry bigger than some people & although I'm eating healthier than I did my last pregnancy, I'm still putting on weight. 11kgs so far sad I'm reasonably ok with that - not a lot I can do about it, but seriously people - you don't comment on a bigger person, why comment just coz I'm pregnant!! Grrrr angry
Then I get comments on my son - "is he small for his age? I don't mean it rude, but he's very tiny." Well, if you don't mean to be rude, just don't bloody say anything!! So what if he's not tall!! He's perfect just the way he is! Seriously people - keep your mouth shut!! angry

Think I'm a bit sensitive today wink LOL

Hi MicahsMummy!

I totally feel for you as I am experiencing exactly the same thing!!

I'm 20 weeks pregnant today and have put on 11kgs so far. Being quiet small to begin with (52kgs), I get everybody telling me how huge I am. Like you, when pregnant I carry big, even though baby ends up being a small to average size. I always get the "you must be carrying twins" talk.

Yes I have a small DS too (23months, 11kgs). I have learnt to just ignore the small comments now and just say he takes after his mummy! Cause I know that he is a healthy boy, its just genetics. Every now and then I get upset and blame myself, thinking I am doing something wrong, but what can I do?? Thats just him!

I may sound a bit stalkerish on this one, but I noticed a thread you started a while back on expecting another boy and people asking if you were upset about it. HA! I am constantly getting this off people too!! I'm expecting another boy and am over the moon!

Wish people would just shut up too.

Hi MicahsMummy!

I totally feel for you as I am experiencing exactly the same thing!!

I'm 20 weeks pregnant today and have put on 11kgs so far. Being quiet small to begin with (52kgs), I get everybody telling me how huge I am. Like you, when pregnant I carry big, even though baby ends up being a small to average size. I always get the "you must be carrying twins" talk.

Yes I have a small DS too (23months, 11kgs). I have learnt to just ignore the small comments now and just say he takes after his mummy! Cause I know that he is a healthy boy, its just genetics. Every now and then I get upset and blame myself, thinking I am doing something wrong, but what can I do?? Thats just him!

I may sound a bit stalkerish on this one, but I noticed a thread you started a while back on expecting another boy and people asking if you were upset about it. HA! I am constantly getting this off people too!! I'm expecting another boy and am over the moon!

Wish people would just shut up too.

Awww, thanks luv my bub!! And everyone else too smile I wasn't expecting to get so many responses - I just wanted to vent!! LOL tongue But you've all made me feel a little better, so thankyou smile I am not concerned about my weight at all, though I'd like it to be a little less! wink It's just what my body is doing - I will deal with it later! I think I'm just having a sensitive day, that's all - usually I can brush it off, but it gets to the point sometimes that you've just heard it a few too many times!!

Congrats luv my bub on another boy!!!!! How exciting!! I wish some people would understand you wanted a baby, not a particular sex!! Drives me mental! How much money are we going to save by not having girls! wink LOL

Sign in to follow this topic