Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. has anyone had growth ultrasound

has anyone had growth ultrasound Rss

i have diabetes doctors have ordered growth ultrasound for bubba in few weeks time

has and anyone had one of these?????

cheers Jude
I had GD too but didn't have a growth scan: possibly because my measurements stayed at the expected rate?

Hope all goes well for you.

I had GD too but didn't have a growth scan: possibly because my measurements stayed at the expected rate?

Hope all goes well for you.

thanks two weeks ago doctors discovered my bubba big and told me i might have GD had other test now its confirmed i do have GD got change my diet see dietitian etc, and got see doctors fortnightly now for while they said,

In three weeks i have to have that growth ultrasound

i have also been booked in for c section week before Christmas so i am hoping i am home before it.

as i have 12yr son who needs to me out of hospital to take him to his dads for Christmas eve 5pm till 2pm Christmas day + 2 step kids to have Christmas with Plus my lovely newborn bubba

cheers Jude
Try not to worry.

They are probably just trying to keep an eye on you both. If bub is big they might even take you earlier!!!
I will most likely have to have one, but for the opposite problem! My OB wants to check if bubs is too small - I have high BP, so it can affect their growth later in the pregnancy. It's not confirmed yet, but would just be a simple US to measure. Nothing to worry about smile

i am little worried 29weeks with big bubba but i am sure between my doctors & dietitian , ultrasound technical my mate Russell will look after me ,

not sure if they will deliver bubba early?????
i had a scan at 29 weeks 31 weeks and am having one on Monday at 36/37 weeks

Kaleb almost 7, and Zayne 3. and 4 weeks with numb

i had a scan at 29 weeks 31 weeks and am having one on Monday at 36/37 weeks

how it all going for you ???
Yep, I had GD with both kids and had growth scans done. GD can increase the size of your baby hence the reason for the scan. DS was born 2 weeks early so no need for the scan for him although it was booked in. DD was measured as being big for dates so we decided that if she did not come early she would be induced a week early which is what happened. She ended up being 3.6kg so all was good.
Good luck with your scan just watch you diet and exercise plenty and you should be fine.

img src="http://lbff.lilypie.com/jr5Hp8.png" width

im booked in for a growth scan at 34wks but because im concerned bubs is a bit small. He was a lil smaller than usual at the 19wk scan but im sure he will be ok.
Good luck with ur scan in a few wks

im booked in for a growth scan at 34wks but because im concerned bubs is a bit small. He was a lil smaller than usual at the 19wk scan but im sure he will be ok.
Good luck with ur scan in a few wks

im sure you will be fine , thinking of you & baby ,

thanks cheers jude
I had one at 33 weeks with DD when I had GD.. She ended up being an okay size though and I was also allowed to deliver her overdue..
They did mention if she was big I'd have a Cser around 38 weeks.

GL with your U/S and with bubs smile

Sign in to follow this topic