Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Has this happened with anyone else??

Has this happened with anyone else?? Lock Rss

I have been on Blackmores pregnancy & breastfeeding Gold multi vitamins since i was 4 wks preggers,im now 14wks. i recently stopped taking them at 12 wks as someone on here suggested it could be the multi vits. making me constipated (sorry if that TMI) and since stopping them i have been regular, did anyone else find this happen to them??
I am taking the same vitamins but have not found them to give me constipation. Constipation is a relatively normal part of the first trimester from what I have read, I seem to have the opposite problem though! Maybe try adding some more fibre to your diet? Or some women have said that they use Metamucil or something similar to help, although I'm not sure that it's recommended during pregnancy. Your midwife or OB will be able to tell you. I personally would keep taking the vitamins (unless you have replaced them with something else?) but that's just me smile

Good luck!
During my last pregnancy and this one I have found that pregnancy vitamins make me constipated. I have tried all different types but it didnt help. I take mine every second day now and that seems to keep me regular. Good luck.
Thats what im going to do start taking them every 2nd day. Thanx

During my last pregnancy and this one I have found that pregnancy vitamins make me constipated. I have tried all different types but it didnt help. I take mine every second day now and that seems to keep me regular. Good luck.
I also took the same vitamins for both pregnancies (for the entire time both pregnancies), and didn't suffer from constipation.
Either have them every 2nd day, or try and eat an apple and drink some extra water each day to get more fibre.

His Royal Highness, Prince William

I eat plenty of apples as its what i crave alot and i only drink water as im not to keen on soft drink, i have the occassional juice. Thanx for ur reply.

I also took the same vitamins for both pregnancies (for the entire time both pregnancies), and didn't suffer from constipation.
Either have them every 2nd day, or try and eat an apple and drink some extra water each day to get more fibre.
As a previous post said in is normal to suffer constipation in 1st trimester. I did, I was also taking blackmores but do not think that had anything to do with it as I had started taking almost 5 months prior to getting pregnant with that pregnancy. I did start getting extreme lethargy and bad skin which I have had before and was diagnosed then as overdosing on certain vitamins, mainly iron. When I told my obstetrician he told me told continue taking but just take 1 tablet 3x daily instead of 2. He said the continual input is more important than the quantity of the dose. I did this and my symptoms resolved

Yes i have had it... same tablets... i've been having prunes each day for the last week and it helps heaps smile the dr recommended the prunes

God I am so stupid. I really am a useless nurse. Just remembered iron causes constipation, hence probably why I suffered from it. If you are eating a good balanced diet with plenty of greens you are probably getting the same thing. So cutting back to one tab 3x daily may well resolve your probs soon. No doubt that is why my ob told me to do it

It would be too much Iron in them. But since I started taking my Elevit with honey&Fibre(bene fibre)water in the morning, the sympton stopped. This is my third pregnacy now, and I am doing the same, but doing it every second day, only because it is giving me loose bowel (sorry if TMI), really wired. But my gall bladder has been removed, don't know if this is relavent.
Hi dear. Sorry hear about the problem you are facing and I am quite happy that you choose a public platform to get help. I can understand your problem as I had faced the same kind of problem more or less. So maybe I can help you with some suggestions. First of all, don’t trust anybody about anything they say. Trust only an expert gynecologist & take his help. I did the wrong thing too but after that, I went to Ukraine to attend a marriage party, there I met a superb gynecologist who lives there. He gave me some tips which worked like magic in my life and now I am a happy mother with two children. In this period, first of all, you need to take care what of food you are taking. You must take food enriched with iron to increase the amount of hemoglobin in your body. You can also do some light exercises for the blood circulation. I hope the tips I gave will help you. Be safe stay blessed.
Sign in to follow this topic