Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Is this normal Rss

ok it's only happened once so far, I was sitting at my computer as normal and I don't know if it was bub just stretching itself on my belly, but I was getting pains for roughly 5 secounds, on the bottom half of the belly on the right. So I went into mum and asked her if it was normal, she said wait to see if you get anymore.

It could be just fake contractions it could be anything!! I am only panicing as I was born around this week (26 weeks) and I don't want bubbie to come this soon! As I am rubbing my belly, telling bub I am here, it's still a little painful, rate from 1-10 I'd say about 2? it's not that bad as I said it could just be the fake contactions v.v I ain't bleeding or anything as I checked.

am I to panicing??

ok it's only happened once so far, I was sitting at my computer as normal and I don't know if it was bub just stretching itself on my belly, but I was getting pains for roughly 5 secounds, on the bottom half of the belly on the right. So I went into mum and asked her if it was normal, she said wait to see if you get anymore.

It could be just fake contractions it could be anything!! I am only panicing as I was born around this week (26 weeks) and I don't want bubbie to come this soon! As I am rubbing my belly, telling bub I am here, it's still a little painful, rate from 1-10 I'd say about 2? it's not that bad as I said it could just be the fake contactions v.v I ain't bleeding or anything as I checked.

am I to panicing??

I would say your probably just experiencing braxton hicks contractions, I am 25 weeks and I get them too, mine are not painful most of the time just tightening's but in saying that it is also my third pregnancy so very common.
I am sure you have nothing to worry about but my pregnancy motto is 'if in doubt get checked out' you can give your midwife or hospital labour ward a ring at this point in your pregnancy, explain it to them and if they want you to they will get you to come in and put you on a trace for a bit. It will ease your mind if nothing else. If the pain is only a 2 tho I am sure its just pregnancy aches and pains.

Take care!
thx for ya help i'll pass it off as the braxton hicks
I had braxton hicks contractions from 15wks in both of my pregnancies, they feel more uncomfortable than painful. I also get quite considerable ligament pain on the lower sides of my uterus, this is often isolated to one side and usually has to do with bubs position for me.

But to be safe if you are not sure call your healthcare provider. They can always check you out and put your mind to rest.
You said it was to the lower right of your tunny right?
Are you sure its not your bowel? Have you been constipated or had a change in bowel motions while pregnant?
Its very common in pregnancy to have bowel issues or hemeroids, I always got the pain there and doc said it was my bowel. Usually if its BH there just uncomfortable and your whole belly will go firm, Contractions well they hurt like hell and you typically feel them across your whole belly.
Sign in to follow this topic