Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Can stress Lock Rss

Hi everyone.
Well as title says can being stressed and upset prevent labour starting on its own?
I'm 40+4 and having dramas with my ex about issues and am finding that I'm getting quite stressed about whether or not he's going to be at the birth so I'm in turn nervous about when I go into labour (not scared if labour or anything. just being told he wont be there or something like that). I had been stressed about the name but that got settled last night and now this. It just seems to be never ending.

TIA for replies

I am not sure but i would keep away from your ex as it will increase your blood presure which is not good for either of you. get a friend to pick you up and go out for a coffee or something.....

or ring your midwife ....... your mum or someone to talk to

I am not sure but i would keep away from your ex as it will increase your blood presure which is not good for either of you. get a friend to pick you up and go out for a coffee or something.....

or ring your midwife ....... your mum or someone to talk to

Thanks for your reply
I can't really stand being around my mum but have to see her for a bit today as she is taking DD while I am at hospital being monitored. My blood pressure has been high but has come down in the past few days.
I think I will call a friend
Thank you again

good luck you will have your baby soon
Sign in to follow this topic