Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

How do i stop this?? Lock Rss

The last week i havent been able to sleep id mayb get a few hours in the morning cos im that bloody exhausted, but im awake all night stressing about stupid things that arent even important and im always paranoid someone is gonna break in n freak out worrying about DS all night, i think i have anxiety, what can i do to fix it or do i need to see my dr or tell midwife?? im soo over it i just want a descent sleep.

The last week i havent been able to sleep id mayb get a few hours in the morning cos im that bloody exhausted, but im awake all night stressing about stupid things that arent even important and im always paranoid someone is gonna break in n freak out worrying about DS all night, i think i have anxiety, what can i do to fix it or do i need to see my dr or tell midwife?? im soo over it i just want a descent sleep.

Definitely speak to your Dr but in the meantime you could try drinking cammomile tea 1/2 hour before bed, make it triple strength (ie use 3 teabags) and buy the 100% pure cammomile. I get a great nights sleep and even if the kids wake me up I can go back to sleep alot easier than if I havent had my tea... then it takes an hour or more for me to get back to sleep.
Thanks will give it ago
I'm having exactly the same problem as you at the moment. I'm also 22 weeks pregnant, and can't sleep! I just have stupid things running through my mind all the time and can't switch off.

I would check about the chamomile tea first, I might be wrong, but I think it's one of those herbs you shouldn't have when pregnant?

Good luck, hope you get a good night's sleep soon!
I just googled it and it says generally chamomile in tea is ok as it's low concentration but to use in moderation and not the medicinal strength chamomile. Good luck!
We got a white noise cd to help the baby sleep but i find i am putting it on for my husband and i as well as we tend to get over tired .

it ocean waves sounds of the ocean..... try that it gets your breathing into a rythm too
I had cammomile tea daily when pregnant, my Obgyn said it was fine.
Update... i had a great sleep last night i had a bath with a few drops of lavender oil in it, so maybe that was what helped.
Sign in to follow this topic