Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Low blood pressure and dizzy spells

Low blood pressure and dizzy spells Rss

Hi all

so as the title says I have low blood pressure, at my last visit - bout 2.5 weeks ago the midwife picked it up and I had already been getting dizzy. She said it was nothing major but to of course be careful with the dizziness and lie flat etc so the blood could get to my head if it got too bad.
Since then it has been good and bad, but sometimes its VERY bad. I just sit in the chair and my whole head spins and I think whoa. I also was shopping by myself on the weekend and walked a crooked line and almost fell over twice, is a bit scary, I would hate to pass out on my own in public or with my two lil boys.

Has anyone else had low bp this bad? Should I get checked again? The mw I saw wasnt too worried but I feel its gotten worse...
I had it bad like that at the start hun! GBH!! My midwife said that if it gets bad or I get a hot flush during a slight dizzy spell then I should sit down immediately as that is a sign you are about to pass out. Also, she said that there isn't much you can do other than keep hydrated, don't let yourself get hungry and increase your salt intake. I found, especially while I was out, that KFC chips were a saviour when i was feeling dizzy (super salty). Hope some of this helps you! And that they pass for your really soon!! xo
I had it with DD1's pregnancy to the point where I would be standing upright and then literally just fall into a wall. Pretty ordinary stuff. I ended up having a week off work and just chilling, doing nothing. KFC chips with extra salt are always a saviour smile Hehehehe

Hope your BP goes up soon. For the record mine wasn't low the whole pregnancy, it did go away once I got further along

I had it bad like that at the start hun! GBH!! My midwife said that if it gets bad or I get a hot flush during a slight dizzy spell then I should sit down immediately as that is a sign you are about to pass out. Also, she said that there isn't much you can do other than keep hydrated, don't let yourself get hungry and increase your salt intake. I found, especially while I was out, that KFC chips were a saviour when i was feeling dizzy (super salty). Hope some of this helps you! And that they pass for your really soon!! xo

Thankyou! That does really help.
Yes the mw said the same thing, that there isnt much you can do and that its def not as bad as high bp. The hot flush thing is a great tip, thanks for that I will watch for that coming.
Didnt really know about the salt either, I could def handle kfc chips some more wink

thanks again, tis really not that long left now anyway, time is flying.
ahhh yes, it sucks big time. i had low bp for my entire pregnancy, from 12 weeks right up until i was 41+5, i hated it

fainting at the front of the bank line isnt fun, and made driving scary cause i didnt know when i was going to get all dizzy and light headed.

its almost over anyway, at least if you faint an dyour boys are with you then theres someone to call someone else for help.
Sign in to follow this topic