Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Medical Terms Lock Rss

Was just having a squiz at my yellow card and am trying to work out what some of the medical terms mean, if anyone could help that would be great.

I searched the forums and worked out that ceph means head down but my latest comment in the presentation and position box is I think dwp or it could be c/wp (doctors writing LOL) anyone got any idea what that means??

I think the 'P' means Palp Palpable (meaning how much of the head can be felt) not too sure about the begining of it though?! gosh wish they would write their notes in plain old english aye..do they not know we go home and study them hoping to get some insight into how things are going?!

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/YYXfp13.png

Was just having a squiz at my yellow card and am trying to work out what some of the medical terms mean, if anyone could help that would be great.

I searched the forums and worked out that ceph means head down but my latest comment in the presentation and position box is I think dwp or it could be c/wp (doctors writing LOL) anyone got any idea what that means??

Hi
Could it possibly be CVP?
I have found that CVP means Cephalic Vertex Presentation, which is that baby is head down and vertical. And that they are right down in the basin (which im guessing they are ready to go at any minute haha)
And yes Ceph means head down.
Hope this has helped you, its a bit connfusing all the code they use then you sit there and try and work it out
best of luck
hope this has helped you,

Hi
Could it possibly be CVP?
I have found that CVP means Cephalic Vertex Presentation, which is that baby is head down and vertical. And that they are right down in the basin (which im guessing they are ready to go at any minute haha)
And yes Ceph means head down.
Hope this has helped you, its a bit connfusing all the code they use then you sit there and try and work it out
best of luck
hope this has helped you,

Yeah that sounds more like it...why do they all have such terrible handwriting?! doctors, midwives, all of them!! maybe they dont want anyone to be able to read what they write!!

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/YYXfp13.png

Yeah that sounds more like it...why do they all have such terrible handwriting?! doctors, midwives, all of them!! maybe they dont want anyone to be able to read what they write!!

My ex stepdad was a GP and he explained his writing was so terrible from years of uni lectures and having to scribble endlessly! (I suppose it doesn't count these days as most of them would have laptops and not take hand written notes smile )
hi!! i always had the same issue of understanding the writting, let alone the terms... if i could make them out!!! But i googled what i thought it was and came across this website... it has some 'codes' explained hehe

http://motherandbaby.ninemsn.com.au/pregnancyandbirth/pregnancy/1072223/your-antenatal-notes-explained

Upon reading this website and my antenatal card, I found out my baby is 1/5th engaged, did anyone get told this and how long untill you were fully engaged. Id assume it would be different for everyone. I have 5 weeks to go, so i guess it may get lower and more engaged each week.

Mel.
Sign in to follow this topic