Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

immunisations and pregnancy Rss

just had 12 month needles and then i went across to pathology and was talking to another mum2be and she was saying that she couldnt get her dd's 8 month needles cause she was pregnant she had to wait until after she had the baby.
can someone please explain this one to me. the doc knew i was preggers cause thats why i was there and nothing was said about ds's needles effecting me or bub in belly, so now im worried.

thanks for sharing any light on this situation for me.

just had 12 month needles and then i went across to pathology and was talking to another mum2be and she was saying that she couldnt get her dd's 8 month needles cause she was pregnant she had to wait until after she had the baby.
can someone please explain this one to me. the doc knew i was preggers cause thats why i was there and nothing was said about ds's needles effecting me or bub in belly, so now im worried.

thanks for sharing any light on this situation for me.

I have never heard of this before.....It shouldn't affect you at all...Once the babys been injected it can't cross back to you! Well to my knowledge anyway

hey there
from what i know from my doc immunisations that are not live viruses are fine. so that is pretty much all of them. i wouldnt be too concerned. they wouldnt have said it was safe if it wasnt smile when i was looking up things for uni (nursing student) in our med text books almost all the ones i came across were ok for use in pregnancy and breastfeeding. hope what i have said is accurate!
Sarah
Did she get live virus vaccines?

Live vaccine viruses 'shed'...so it is possible for a newly vaccinated child to pass on one of those viruses to someone else, including you. How often this actually happens is up for debate, but of course if you get one of the diseases, depending on the stage of pregnancy there could be major implications. Live virus vaccines can shed the viruses for up to 3 weeks.

Like you, I only found this out AFTER DS1 had his 4 year jabs when I was 37 weeks pregnant with his brother.....AND I only found this out myself 12 months later when researching vaccines. <span class="emoticon angry">angry</span> <span class="emoticon angry">angry</span>

More about vaccine shedding here.

yeah it was a what the moment for me. this is bub #4 and i had never heard of it before but yeah i guess there could be that one off chance of getting sick with a live virus......but thanks for the reassurance though ladies. appreciate it...now just to kick this nausia(sp) feeling haha
Sign in to follow this topic