Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Sex to bring on labour Lock Rss

Hey everyone,

So, been told by a fair few people that sex brings on labour.. I googled it, and have found out that 'man juice' hehe softens the cervix. Just wondering whether anyone has been successfull in sex then giving birth fairly soon after... or it hasnt worked at all!

Mel grin
Didn't work for me, but worked for my sister, she went into labour the next day, a week before her due date! Could very well have been a coincidence tho smile
Dunno if it works or not but I'm gonna have fun finding out lol.

I figure its worth a try and its safe aslong as your waters havent broken
worked for us!! smile I was 8 days overdue and had an appointment with our doctor and she said to go home and do the deed and also booked me in to be induced in two days. So we went home and had some fun and then 1am that night woke up with contractions! 27 hours later...DD was born!! smile
It worked for me!
With DD1 I didn't have sex much but when I did I had contractions and then nothing,a few days later I had sex and a few hours later she was born.
With DD2 I had sex more often and after everytime in the last half I got painful tightnings.I had her at 36 weeks and I believe it had something to do with sex.
I don't think it works for everyone though.
Didn't work for me. And wasn't much chop either considering I was the size of a minivan.
i went into labour 4 hours after sex , mind u i was already 2 weeks 1 days late lol
does your Vjay get tighter as you go long in ur pregnant?
Apparently you vjay does get tighter (:
As for bringing on labour i know the wait for bub to come is hard but i doNt suggest bringing it on. I tryed walking, hot bath, then sex. It didnt spring a leak in my hind waters, then i had to be induced, after 13hrs of being in labour i was then taken for an emergency C sections as my body just wasnt ready to have bub. And i regret trying to bring on labour as well it sort of worked but i never got to experience a natural birth.
didn't work for me.

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

worked for me! and within about 4 hours too! but it was only a few days before my due date.

was told a funny story while waiting for DS2 to arrive, the midwife told me she was talking to an indian couple about wanting to try to bring on labour. whatever is in sperm is what they make the gel out of that is used to induce labour (which is why it works), so she told the couple to go home and have sex, only has to be a "quickie". they got sent home and came back a week later only to say it wasn't working, so she said just keep doing it. the man started to complain to his wife and the midife asked if everything was ok. the man replied "this is getting really expensive" and of course the midwife asked why, and he said, "condoms are so expensive and we are going through heaps of them".... PMSL. apparently he didn't want to infect the baby with his sperm.

but yes i does work, well it should work, but if your still not "ready" it wont happen straight away.

good luck

worked for me! and within about 4 hours too! but it was only a few days before my due date.

was told a funny story while waiting for DS2 to arrive, the midwife told me she was talking to an indian couple about wanting to try to bring on labour. whatever is in sperm is what they make the gel out of that is used to induce labour (which is why it works), so she told the couple to go home and have sex, only has to be a "quickie". they got sent home and came back a week later only to say it wasn't working, so she said just keep doing it. the man started to complain to his wife and the midife asked if everything was ok. the man replied "this is getting really expensive" and of course the midwife asked why, and he said, "condoms are so expensive and we are going through heaps of them".... PMSL. apparently he didn't want to infect the baby with his sperm.

but yes i does work, well it should work, but if your still not "ready" it wont happen straight away.

good luck

hahahahahaha CLASSIC!

Mum of 3 girls, 1 boy, 1 angel, 1 on the way!

Sign in to follow this topic