Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. When do you plan on finishing work?

When do you plan on finishing work? Lock Rss

Hi Everyone,

I am due early August and am starting to think about when to finish work before bub is born. Am thinking 4 weeks prior to due date.

What is everyone else planning?

Proud Mummy

With DS I had planned on finishing at 36wks, he had other ideas and had me call in the flying doctor, he was born at 33wks 1100km from home sad This time ob wants me to finish work and move to town (360km from home) at 25 weeks, so I only have 6 weeks work to go smile

Wow.....I bet you were'nt expecting to have DS1 at 33 weeks smile 6 weeks to go....that will go fast.
With DS1 I finished work 4 weeks before my EDD but it ended up turning into 6 weeks with DS1 deciding to come late!
I am super tired this time around (am 16 weeks) so hopefully I can make it to 36 weeks with working...need the money smile

Proud Mummy

lol, no, I wasn't, being stuck in the city for 3wks while he was in NICU was the worst, I hate the city. Thankfully he was good though. Only 15 shifts left smile Boss is busy trying to find a replacement. I am more tired this time too, only working part time now (was full time before) but chasing a toddler is tiring, once he goes to bed at night I just crash on the lounge and don't move til I work up the energy to go to bed. I find berocca helps get me through some days, have you tried that?

lol, no, I wasn't, being stuck in the city for 3wks while he was in NICU was the worst, I hate the city. Thankfully he was good though. Only 15 shifts left smile Boss is busy trying to find a replacement. I am more tired this time too, only working part time now (was full time before) but chasing a toddler is tiring, once he goes to bed at night I just crash on the lounge and don't move til I work up the energy to go to bed. I find berocca helps get me through some days, have you tried that?

That must have been hard. Hope all goes smoothly for you this time.

No I hav'nt tried berocca....will get some. Thanks smile

I am working 3 days a week with 2 toddlers so explains why I am so tired. Can't make it past 8.30 at night.

Do you know if you are having a boy or girl?

Proud Mummy

Yea, I am 5 a fortnight, but I work 3 on, 2 on call (so don't actually go in unless I get a ph call), and 2 on, then a wk off. I LOVE my week off, helps recharge batteries for the next week. Try the berocca about lunchtime or mid arvo to help get though, works better for me than in the mornings, take it before you too tired. No idea what I am having, just had my scan today, I tried not to look too hard, didn't want to accidentally find out!! Hoping for a girl, as DH has 2 other boys from previous relationship, but as long as bub is healthy, doesn't really matter smile

You finding out?

No, we are not going to find out. Going to leave it as a surprise smile I'm hoping for a girl too smile Although as you said as long as bub is healthy, does'nt really matter.

Booked my scan today and cannot wait ( not looking forward to the full bladder with someone pressing down on it thing though smile )

Proud Mummy

I am finishing up next week (32wks). I can't wait. I would have worked longer but I'm on a mine site and the days are really really long and I just get too tired.

Hi Everyone,

I am due early August and am starting to think about when to finish work before bub is born. Am thinking 4 weeks prior to due date.

What is everyone else planning?

I'm also due early August (the 3rd) and I will be finishing the 30th June. I work as a casual in my industry and it just works better for me to finish at the end of the financial year and start my mat leave at the begining of July. With my first child I was working til I had 2 weeks to go and managed to get quite sick at the begining of the month that she was due and had to start my mat leave then so this time round I'm not going to push myself like last time.
Hi, I had planned to finish 3 weeks before my due date but DD had other plans and was born 5 days after I finished work. I had a friend who finished 6 weeks before due date but baby was 2 weeks late. It depends on how you feel. I had a good pregnancy so wasn't to tired but my friend needed the 6 weeks as she was tired all the time.
I organised to finish 6 weeks before my due date but my daughter was in a hurry and arrived 4 days before my maternity leave was going to start! A lot of people say work as long as you feel comfortable because you will get bored if you are at home too long but I don't agree. It is your last chance to take some time for yourself and put your feet up for a while so I think 4-6 weeks is a good break smile
I'm due end of may and am planning on leaving on 1 April but would really like to leave now but can't aford it much to my feets dismay standing on them for 10hrs a day does not agree with them but only 6 more weeks that's all i'm thinking about.
Sign in to follow this topic