Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. At what point in your pregnancy did you start getting excited?

At what point in your pregnancy did you start getting excited? Lock Rss

I am only 3 weeks along so i don't want to get too over excited just yet. But at what stage did you start getting excited? With my DD i found out i was pregnant at 6 months so this pregnancy is like a first to me becuase it will be normal. I was thinking about going and buying a pregnancy magazine today just to refresh my brain on all the do's and dont's but am i getting ahead of myself?? Also when did you start buying baby stuff?
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

With DS1 we started at 12 weeks.
With DS2 and this baby we started picking up clothes etc after the 20 week scan. We're a bit slow this time though lol, still havent got a car seat, pram or drawers hehehe
Firstly,congrats!. Everyone is different but i got excited the day i found out as i did 7 years of IVF with my first. But probably around the time my tummy started to show. I started to buys things around half way, but left alot till the last minute. I think its up to you really when you start buying stuff. Whatever makes you happy. Good luck with everything!
Hey I didn't start buying stuff until after 12weeks (the safe period) but I waited until I was 18weeks before I started getting really into it because I knew I was having a girl tongue
Definitely get a pregnancy book or magazine they're so helpful and they tell you how things are going week-by-week so if you've told your DD already it could be interesting for her to know what the baby does each week.
I wasn't really that excited about my pregnancy until I was 27 weeks because I didn't have symptoms and I didn't even show laugh
Thanks ladies smile I probably wont start buying anything until i am past the 12 week mark, i will be 13 weeks at our wedding so really don't have the excess funds until after then anyway lol! I think i will get a magazine today, as i am interested to see the stages, showing DD would be a great idea, and also this is DF first so i am sure he would be interested too! He still can't get his head around the fact i am pregnant but there is no baby yet lol!
With bub i was buying things has soon has i knew he was ok at that was about 12 weeks. Then i went crazy buying everything.
Now with this little one i'm not going has crazy but i did go and buy him some clothes since he a winter baby and bub was a summer baby.
I get more excited when i got a month to go knowing that every soon i be holding our little one.

Exciting congrats! I had been reading all the baby magazines for ages before I even got pregnant! LOL! Starting buying stuff after the 20 week scan. Good luck smile

congratulations! smile

im getting excited TODAY!

im off to my anomaly scan in an hour and a half and will POSSIBLY be finding out the sex. the idea has me soooo excited! once i get the all clear that bub is healthy and especially if i find out if its a boy or a girl, the shopping and the preparation shall begin!!!
You know my history with DD1 so I won't mention that but with DD2 I started buying a couple of things straight away as I figured we'd TTC again if anything happened, bought more after 12 weeks, bought lots once we found out she was a girl then bought all of the big things gradually but had pretty much everything ready by 28 weeks as I knew I was going to end up on bed/ house rest due to preterm labour scares and a tachycardia.

You know my history with DD1 so I won't mention that but with DD2 I started buying a couple of things straight away as I figured we'd TTC again if anything happened, bought more after 12 weeks, bought lots once we found out she was a girl then bought all of the big things gradually but had pretty much everything ready by 28 weeks as I knew I was going to end up on bed/ house rest due to preterm labour scares and a tachycardia.

Out of all the big stuff we need i only have to buy a cot! Everything else will be given to us once we clear the 12 week mark... DF is the last of his family to have kids so we are very lucky! But i agree with you Tash, should anything go wrong (touch wood) we will TTC again anyway. So i think if i see things i like i might just grab them and put away. We do want to find out the sex too and then we will buy colours!
Sign in to follow this topic