Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Help! Is their a chance of this being a miscarriage?

Help! Is their a chance of this being a miscarriage? Lock Rss

Hi all,

I need some help/advice/happy endings! Currently I am 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant and it has been the toughest couple of weeks in my life!

Here is my story so far......Found out I was pregnant really early on a pregnancy test. I had some brown spotting on and off for a few days after I found out. I went to the doctor who confirmed with a urine test, he took my blood (assumed he was doing HCG) but actually didnt. No idea of any HCG levels. As he couldn't figure out when I was due because my pregnancy test was positive so early on he sent me for a dating scan ( I knew for certain I was only 4 weeks)

In the mean time I had slight cramps one day and two days of medium bleeding which then stopped. I went for my Abdominal Scan which obviously couldnt see anything yet. I was a mess for those couple of days not knowing what was going on. After that I felt like i was having more pregnancy symptoms. I saw my doctor and he finally did a HCG test at 4 weeks 3 days and my hcg level was 2106 which was spot on for 4-5 weeks. As of yesterday I started spotting but no cramps or anything! I saw my doctor today who I thought might take my HCG levels to see if they are rising but instead he sent me home and said come back in two weeks to test my hcg again.

I am in limbo AGAIN and now have a two week wait to see what is happening! Have I had a miscarriage? Am i about to have a miscarriage? Is this hormonal bleeding since im still in week 4??? Has anyone had bleeding and gone on to have healthy pregnancys?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
if i was you i would be going to another dr for a second opinion cause the stress you are feeling will not help you at all.
Spotting is quite normal I had it with all four ofmy children.
And I also have had a miscarraige and it isnt something that takes a long time, it is full on.
A miscarraige cant be controlled, it happens for a reason, and the right reason. Although it is a sad and hard time.
Stressing is just making your chances of miscarrage increase, and if you do, the doctors cant stop it, its nature telling you it isnt right.
So if I were you i would try not to stress and just think positive.
I had a miscarrage, my baby growing only had half a heart and it was not beating, it happens, but it happens for a reason. There is no control over it.Since I have been blessed with four children.. smile
Just relax hun, best thing for you and for bubs.. smile

Spotting is quite normal I had it with all four ofmy children.
And I also have had a miscarraige and it isnt something that takes a long time, it is full on.

Sorry to be horrid but YES it can take a while, I have had 3 M/C's and my 2nd one I bled for a week off and on and bubby was alive the whole time until I delivered it at home....

THOUGH the fact that the blood is brown is a great sign! it means the blood is old and not fresh.... though I would definitely be seeign another DR, the last baby I lost (I knew something was wrong) they did HCG levels each and every time I went in as I had asked for it...

Also did they do an internal scan or just abdo? they might not see bubs from the outside for a little while, so I would also ask for an internal scan...

Good luck ?
Its hard to say not to stress, just let it happen but unfortunatly better said then done. Its a good sign its brown and the pains you are feeling (if its not too bad) r prob just stretching, even if you are only early.

Until you go through this yourself, and even when you do its all still so confusing. I had 2 m/c before this pregnancy and both were completely diff. 1st one i had no symptoms at all, not one spot of blood and ended up going fo a scan and they found no heart beat, the second i bled very heavy and had sever cramps like a period but worse. Both took place around 6 weeks. After all that heart ache, i fell pregnant again and we r going strong at 19 weeks grin .

I bled 4 times in the firt trimester with this one so you could only imagin my horror wen i saw the bleeding and each time red fresh blood, so bad one night it even woke me up. I had niggly cramps but not umbearable needless to say my heart sunk.

Each time with the bleeding i got checked, im sure the doc got sick of seeing me but its what i had to do to ease my mind. I got a scan at 5 weeks, very early but they could see a small pic and a very faint heart beat. I then requested a scan every time i bled and it stopped once i was about 11. I had to other wise i was going insain.

If your not happy with the ansers your doctor is giving, ask them what you want. Be pushy if you have to, its your pregnany and baby. I changed from a male doc to a lady, and she has been fab, i guess its a womans feelings for this. Maybe you should change docs? Try get in for an early ultrasound to help ease your mind?

I guess i also wanted you to know these things also coz as a first time pregancy there are all these things that happen that is never spoken of. All 3 of mine have been totally different and 2 ended in the same way.
Find out tomorrow at our scan if its a little miss or mr, cant wait.

Wish you all the best,
Thanks everyone!

I think I have come to terms with this being a threatened miscarriage. I had my cry last week when the bleeding episode happened and feel Im prepared for the worst. It has been a hard time but mostly I think its due to me being on holidays from work while this is all happening and I have too much time to think and read on the internet. Learnt my lesson, DONT READ EVERYTHING ON THE NET! Never thought I would say this but Im looking forward to going back to work haha.

It very hard to get a doctors appointment with who you want where Im from unless you book weeks in advance and then we have to travel about 50 minutes if we need an ultrasound. And with a full bladder! We only have a couple of female doctors and one I wont see and the other was on holidays at the time.

The spotting Im having now seems to go from brown to red then brown again so Im very confused. I would just like it to stop completly!

Hearing all your stories has given me hope, Im expecting the worst so Im prepared but if all goes well at least it would be a lovely suprise. I guess everyone is different so really I wont know anything until I do have a scan!

As for my Ultrasound it was only an abdominal one. At 4 weeks I knew it would be hard to see anything. So when I go back to my DR I will be about 7 weeks and then possibly 8 if he sends me for a scan the week after if the bleeding doesnt get heavier in the mean time.
Unfortunatly I had an eptopic pregnancy and have had to have surgery to remove one of my fallopian tubes. Am doing ok now tho xx

Unfortunatly I had an eptopic pregnancy and have had to have surgery to remove one of my fallopian tubes. Am doing ok now tho xx

I am sorry for you loss i hope you recover well

xxxx

Sorry to hear the sad news. i hope you are doing ok
Sign in to follow this topic