Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

morning sickness returning Rss

i had really bad morning sickness in the first 4 months but then it went away(unless someone was cooking pork in any form) but now its coming back again in my 26th week. has anyone else had this happen to them?

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

Hi Holz

I had this too, although mine probably returned a bit later. Probably 30 weeks or so. My doctor explained that it is just the hormones increasing as the baby grows that causes it. Have you tried eating green apple when you feel sick? It really seemed to help me, as well as dry toast and a cup of tea. Morning sickness is the worst, dont worry it will all be worth it!!!
hey thanks, does a normal apple work the same as a green apple?its really weird because not matter how sick i feel i dont vomit until i get home. it was like that first time round too. is that normal?its such a pain.

hi well i am in my 28th weeks and have been feeling abit off colour the last few days and i think it is a touch of morning sickness returning i had this happen to with my first.
I had morning, well all day sickness until about 24 weeks. Now i'm in my 34th week and it has come back. I've heard this is normal but it's different with everyone. I get very nauseas but still make sure i eat something light. I usually always bring it straight back up but after that i feel good and can eat anything and keep it down. Take care and eat lots of smaller healthy meals instead of the normal 3 meals a day.

Jenni, mum of Shanaye born 13-11-2004.

ive been munching on heaps of fruit and veges. i had a small problem the other night because i was trying to cook carrots but i was eating them as fast as i was peeling them then i ran out.im also drinking ginger ale by the bucket ful(i wonder if it comes in kegs?lol). its also a bit of carsickness too.

I hope this helps I'm 6 weeks with my second and have had morning sickness, feeling really sick but not being sick and have been told to drink or eat things with ginger in it, I have been drinking ginger ale for 2 days just small drinks now and then and it seems to be helping but I hear gingernut biscuts are good to. Hope this helps
Karen.

Karen,NZ, 5 yr old girl & 2 yr old boy

yea ginger ale was my saviour in the first 4 months. and frozen juice cubes

Im not sure if a red apple works the same as green?? You could try it though. How is the sickness now? Remember if it gets too bad you can always get anti nausea tablets at the doctors. I had to do this as i lost a bit of weight and was dehydrated too.
I just remembered that you can buy these wrist bands at the chemist for nausea. Cant remeber exactly what they are called. Sea sickness bands or something? Could be worth a try smile
its ok now as long as i take it really easy and dont go anywhere. i just hate feeling sick all the time. i know the bands you are talking about i seem to be immune to them as i used to have them for car sickness but they never worked but thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Hollie

I too had the all day sickness return when I was about 24 weeks. I found if you eat something before getting out of bed, I usually had gingernut biscuit and get up slowly. I also went through heaps of ginger ale. Not sure if this will help.

Rachel, TAS (Paige 21/6/02)

thanks for the tip.il get my partner to bring me something to eat when he comes in for breakkie after milking. i drink lots of ginger ale, so much that bubz might come out looking like ginger ale.haha. my midwife is coming to see me tomorrow so il talk to her about it and see what she says.

Sign in to follow this topic