Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Baby very low at 33 weeks. Sign of impending labour?

Baby very low at 33 weeks. Sign of impending labour? Rss

Hi there,

I am 33 weeks pregnant today. I went to see my OB on Friday for a checkup and when she palpitated my uterus, she said to me I think I can feel her head very low, you may not make it to 38 weeks (I'm having a c-section then). She did a scan like she normally does, and she said oh yes, the baby is in fact very low. She made an appointment for another 2 weeks but said to me, that's if you don't already have your baby by then.

I am uncomfortable at times, like I feel a mild heaviness like I'm getting my period, and if walk around too much, my legs feel a bit numb.

Has anyone else had a low lying baby, and did it cause them to have the baby early?

Yes my bub has been low for several weeks now and the stupid DR told me i will go early, he wasnt even going to book me anymore appointments, im glad he did though cos im 39wks and still no bub.
Im soo annoyed with him for telling me bub would come early!

Hi there,

I am 33 weeks pregnant today. I went to see my OB on Friday for a checkup and when she palpitated my uterus, she said to me I think I can feel her head very low, you may not make it to 38 weeks (I'm having a c-section then). She did a scan like she normally does, and she said oh yes, the baby is in fact very low. She made an appointment for another 2 weeks but said to me, that's if you don't already have your baby by then.

I am uncomfortable at times, like I feel a mild heaviness like I'm getting my period, and if walk around too much, my legs feel a bit numb.

Has anyone else had a low lying baby, and did it cause them to have the baby early?

yup my sons head was really low from 31 weeks, Didnt stop him from being 3 days overdue tho! Just made having to be near a toilet all the time a necessity!

yup my sons head was really low from 31 weeks, Didnt stop him from being 3 days overdue tho! Just made having to be near a toilet all the time a necessity!

True as! It used to take me twice as long to do shopping, i'd leave my trolley at the service and waddle Off to the toilets sevetal times throughout to pee less than a thimblefull! (And yes waddle, walking is impossible when they're so low lol)

Oh, and I was told i'd be going early.....40+4 (bl00dy Drs giving out false hope! lol)

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

My second DD dropped at 30 weeks & was 3/5 engaged from 33 weeks. I was also told by my midwife that I would go early at every appointment from 36 weeks on. And ended up going into labour on my due date! It was the most uncomfortable 7 weeks!!
My bub engaged 4/5 at about 35 weeks, then moved down further to 3/5 engaged at around 38 weeks, then 2/5 at 39 weeks... now we're 4 days overdue and still no sign of bub wanting to come out! roll eyes

Hi there,

My son was fully engaged from 30 weeks and I was induced at 38weeks 5 days and midwife thought if I hadn't been induced for complications I would have had to have been been induced for going too far over due. They can tell more for how your cervix is looking then where bubs is sitting.
Sign in to follow this topic