Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. high blood pressure.... stressing!!

high blood pressure.... stressing!! Lock Rss

Hi all,

At my ante natal appointment today my blood pressure was 130/40. My Dr ( who i really thing is a bit of a goose) mentioned pre eclampsi as i have been having headaches and feeling a bit off. My next appt is at hospital on Monday and Ill be 40 weeks then.

Im just stressing out and dont know if I should be or not????
DO NOT STRESS! It will make your blood pressure worse smile

You should be able to go into your local pharmacy and just get your blood pressure taken anytime if you want to check, to put your mind at ease.

Otherwise, trust your doc knows what he's doing and try to relax. If you feel unwell or your eyesight goes funny, call the hospital just in case.

Good luck, whatever happens not long left smile
Try not to stress as thats not good for you or bub. The BP you mentioned isnt all that high at all so I would not worry at all. The symptoms you have are also quite normal in pregnancy.
I don't think you should stress either! Your blood pressure isn't that high, the rule of thumb is that it should be 100 + your age (up until the age of 40) as the upper number. My GP says that ideally pregnancy makes you 'go low' so I guess that is the concern. However, being stressed can make it worse. Also your blood pressure fluctuates hugely! It may have been that you had to swerve in the car on the way there, or that you had a coffee before the appointment. If anything I would feel reassured that they are planning on keeping an eye on you, as although pre eclampsia is very serious they can do things about it as long as they know it is there.

Hi all,

At my ante natal appointment today my blood pressure was 130/40. My Dr ( who i really thing is a bit of a goose) mentioned pre eclampsi as i have been having headaches and feeling a bit off. My next appt is at hospital on Monday and Ill be 40 weeks then.

Im just stressing out and dont know if I should be or not????

That doesn't sound high at all for during pregnancy to me.
Do not stress. Generally with Pre-eclampsia they are concerned about the bottom number being too high - which yours is definately not. Also your top number is still within normal limits. If there was a risk then I would hope, no matter how much of a goose the Doc was, they wouldn't let you wait till next week to review. Good luck with it all
I had severe Pre-Eclampsia at 27 weeks with my first baby, she was born a day under 28 weeks and is 100% fine at almost 16 month.

I believe mine got up to 220/180 so you have nothing to worry about.

Good luck with the birth smile
Sign in to follow this topic