Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Being Induced Lock Rss

I have had 3 ultrasounds done and everyone of them has show that bub's head, arms and legs are growing but his stomach isnt. So now the doctor has given him 1 week to start growing (and he needs to grow hugely) otherwise she is going to induce me.
Anyone else been induced?
Does it hurt?

I have had 3 ultrasounds done and everyone of them has show that bub's head, arms and legs are growing but his stomach isnt. So now the doctor has given him 1 week to start growing (and he needs to grow hugely) otherwise she is going to induce me.
Anyone else been induced?
Does it hurt?

I am expecting my first so wouldnt know.

Just wanted to wish you luck!
Yes I was induced. Had two lots of gel which is uncomfortable but wasn't painful, then they broke my waters manually which I used gas to get me through, needed epidural then eventually emergency c-section. Inductions are more painful apparently but every labour is different! I don't think you can get through childbirth without some pain! wink Best of luck, hope bubs is okay smile

By the way, just wanted to say that you'll be amazed at how strong you are - it'll be hard but you'll get through it, then you'll have your gorgeous baby!

Double

Why are the inducing you if bub isn't growing? Wouldn't they want to leave bub in there as long as possible??

Why are the inducing you if bub isn't growing? Wouldn't they want to leave bub in there as long as possible??

i dont really know but i would assume that if bub isnt growing he will need medical intervention etc outside the body.

best of luck though! i have no idea what induction is like but i hope bubs is ok. not sure what it means if his stomach isnt growing. what did that doctor say?
Your poor bub. Hope everything is ok.
All the best!
How many weeks are you now?
I had a really good experience being induced. I had p/e and i was already 1cm dialated so all they had to do was break my waters then they put me on a drip which makes your uterus contract. They would start it out slowly then they would increase the dosage in the end. They kept the drip in my arm until the bag ran out even after the birth.
I had no pain relief, but then again i did not know what i was in for. by the time bub was ready to come out i wanted something but thought well its too late. It goes pretty quick i thought because of the drip to start to finish it was 6 hours.
You will probably need the tape first i didnt need it cause i was dialated what it does is it softens your cervix so they can break your waters.
goodluck with everthing, keep positive.
I have been induced twice. DD my waters broke and nothing happened so had the drip put on 10 hours later. 8 hours later DD was born naturally the contractions came on hard and fast. DS developed hypertension so was induced at 39 weeks had 2 lots of gel in over 3 days before i went into labour. I was 12 hours away from being put on the drip so very lucky. The labour was 4 hours and contractions started 2 minutes apart. Im very lucky with DS as i was not ready at all to have him so was given 48 hours before the midwife would do anything else. The doctor wanted to induce me after 1 gel.
They think that he will be better off in the world because then we can feed him

They think that he will be better off in the world because then we can feed him

Oh ok.. I knew there would be a good reason, I just couldnt think of it smile

I was induced with my son because i was overdue. I went to hosp night before and they gave me gel, overnight i started getting mild period pains which were contractions starting. In the morning they took me to delivery broke my waters and my body naturally took over from there so i didnt need to cyntocin or whatever its called (the drip). I asked them to hold off giving me the drip if i didnt need it as people had told me that is what causes the contractions to come on quickly. My contractions were inconsistant and close together so i suppose that is the only difference i might have had to a labout that comes on naturally and gradually. I had an epidural about 4 hours in (amazing life saver in my opinion!) and had my son 8 hrs after waters were broken. My labour was not overly long, i didnt feel a thing pushing him out which was great smile good luck with your labour and hope everything is ok with bub x
Sign in to follow this topic